Warrantee Work @ Moto Guzzi Classics...

Guest SoCalDon

Guest SoCalDon

Mark2.jpg

Was at MGC yesterday.

Mark's working on becomeing qualified for warrantee maintenance.

This would keep the new Guzzi owners from parking their bikes at

OC/LA Marina for weeks on end; or choosing more distant options

for warrantee work.

Master Wrench; Sean Fader now on board to help with new bike issues...

Normally one needs to be a dealer for such an arrangement.

Mark has no interest in a dealership...

Mark asked if we could independently e-mail the following Officials and

express our desire to bring our warrantee work to Moto Guzzi Classics.

Shelby@motoguzzi-us.com

Thomas_McDonald@usa.aprillia.com

Keep the dream alive!

Guest SoCalDon

Jerry's excellent letter;

Gentleman,

I purchased a 2003 Moto Guzzi Aluminum from Orange County Triumph a little over a year ago. It was such a fabulous bike I convinced a friend to purchase one also. We live in Ventura County, just north of Los Angeles. The nearest dealer to us is either Santa Barbara or Marina Del Rey. My bike has had several issues. First the gas lines fell off inside the gas tank, and then another time split entirely. My starter filled with gunk and locked up. For the first issues, the gas tank, I took the bike to Santa Barbara. I received excellent service, and fast response time. Another person with the disconnected fuel line issue took the bike to Marina Del Rey, and had to leave the bike for several weeks before they could even look at it. A simple issue, a simple fix, but extremely poor service.

When I had the starter issue, I called Santa Barbara and was told he wasn't interested in doing warranty work anymore. Marina Del Rey said to bring in the bike, leave it for several weeks, and they would get around to it when they could. Orange County said the same thing. I ended up making an appointment with Munroe Motors in San Francisco, and took the bike to them to get it fixed. They did a great job, and I really appreciated the customer service. However, it was a 700 mile round trip to get my bike fixed under warranty. The choice was simple. Give up the pleasure of my Moto Guzzi for months, or take a couple of days off to get it fixed. The lack of reliable, timely service truly makes the Moto Guzzi marquee look bad among other riders in our area.

It is my understanding that Mark Etheridge, of Moto Guzzi Classics, would like to begin performing warranty work for Moto Guzzi. Mark is well known for his knowledge and skill in caring for a Moto Guzzi. His dedication to the Moto Guzzi community is quite unusual. He has a reputation for honest service, and the ability to make things right. Allowing Mark to perform warranty work would greatly improve the Moto Guzzi reputation and value in the Los Angeles area.

There is a major recall effort coming up for the original hydraulic valve bikes, the 2003 series of which my bike is one. This warranty work alone will totally overwhelm all current facilities. Especially since all current facilities are turning away people who need work done, refuse appointments for service work, and in general do not WANT to service these bikes. Adding Mark's experience and skills will reduce errors, complaints, and greatly enhance the reputation of the Moto Guzzi company in this area. And on a strictly personal note, will save me another trip to San Francisco when the time comes to correct the valve issues.

I believe it is in the best interests of both Moto Guzzi and the Los Angeles area riders to commission Moto Guzzi Classics to perform warranty work.

Sincerely,

Jerry Purdy

Guest SoCalDon

Here's mine;

Shelby & Tom,

I purchased a 2002 Special Sport and a 2002 EV from Orange County Triumph.

Neither bike was properly set up, and simple warranty issues have taken months to reconcile.

We in the Guzzi community have the collected opinion that Larry's stores offer great deals

but are lacking in the specific talent or resources for timely quality maintenance and repair.

My bad experiences have led me to do all my own maintenance.

If I need warranty repair I would prefer to send my work to Moto Guzzi Classics.

We need local maintenance & warranty repair that is serious about preserving the Moto Guzzi Marquee.

Mark is your man.

Please consider Mark's offer to perform warranty work.

I'm considering buying an 1100 Breva.

First Model year bikes tend to have problems.

If OC / Marina are my only options for local warranty work

I may give up and buy a BMW.

Don Garcia

13500 Fellows Ave.

Sylmar, CA

Well, I sent one, but it seems Hotmail swallowed it up, 'cause it ain't in my sentmail folder. Friggin' MicroSuck... :bbblll:

I spoke about what a great bunch of guys they are at MGC, how they live/eat/breathe Guzzi 24/7, and have strong street cred among the vintage Guzzi crowd. I mentioned their work on Mother Goose, the Hi-Cam/Eldorado hybrid they built for my friend PEter [he later sold it; regrettably, I didn't have the money for it. D@mn that bike was sanitary! Looked absolutely factory, every bit...]

Anyway, it was eloquent, positive, & the spelling was even good! I imagine that if they can ignore it, they'll ignore anyone else's letter too. :P

Best o' luck, Mark! [& Josh, & I guess Sean now, too...]

FWIW, I got mailer daemon back on Thomas McDonald:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error)