Cartridge Fork Fluid

profWacko

Guest ratchethack

Any moto shop should have it. I think I got my last liter o' Golden Spectro from Cycle Gear. Not too familiar with y'er part o' the state, but I'll bet you've got one nearby? Per my prev. post on this, I b'lieve you'd notice considerably less damping at a given setting with 125/150 CARTRIDGE FORK FLUID than 7.5 wt. FORK OIL.

---assuming no binding in the fork, or other bad stuff goin' on... :huh2:

Good luck! B)

Pay little attention to the label weight rating when comparing across brands.

Check out this web page (Ratchet has previously recommended Verdone's website)

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/lowspeed.htm

Maybe you will see your 7.5W oil listed there, and will be able to compare it to others.

I don't see the Golden Spectro 125/150 but they list the wider temperature range 85/150. You can get a comparison of the 125/150, the 85/150 and the other Golden Spectos here:

http://www.spectro-oils.com/gsdata.htm#gsfork

They have even thinner oils, perhaps too thin.

Very interesting comparison table on that site.

Since you cannot compare weight specs between manufacturers, the only way to have predictable results to changes is to stay with one brand.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I just got a reply from HMB-GUZZI (the guy in Germany with the Ohlins forks).

At the current exchange rate, a pair goes for $1,794.31 plus $80 shipping. He takes PayPal, and he has them in stock.

All of which leads to the burning question: Do I want $3,000 worth of suspension products on my Le Mans? I'm already in for nearly $1k for my Wilbers shock.

I gotta decide how much time & effort I want to spend on the Marzocchi's before I jump ship.

Those gold-anodized fork legs would look reeeeaaalllyyyy good though.

-Jack