OILS?????????????????

Guest DOUGDANGER

Guest DOUGDANGER

I may be opening a can of worms, but who cares. I would like to hear from some members about the oils they use for Engine, trans, final drive. I know you guys in the UK like Castrol. First off I have a 2004 and here is what I was thinking of using

Motul 15/50 which I have been running in my Ducati for years,, and Redline Heavy Shock Proof. So let me know.

Thanks DougD.

Maybe the forum could start a user poll. :2c:

Guest ratchethack

How do you check the oil on a Norge by the way!!

The ol' man always used to bend waaaaaaaaaaaay over to look underneath the ol' Norge.

This really used to annoy Mom. She'd yell at him and pull his shirt down, so's to block the "moonlight". :lol:

Slowly...

I'll be searching for a part number for an aircraft flush hinge for inspection doors soon. I reckon with a very fine drill I can cut an inspection door in the fairing and with flush rivets hardly anyone will see it - except maybe Ratchet's 'ol man but I bet if you put a quarter in the slot he'll at least read you your horoscope if not tell you the oil level!!

I may be opening a can of worms, but who cares. I would like to hear from some members about the oils they use for Engine, trans, final drive. I know you guys in the UK like Castrol. First off I have a 2004 and here is what I was thinking of using

Motul 15/50 which I have been running in my Ducati for years,, and Redline Heavy Shock Proof. So let me know.

Thanks DougD.

Motul 15/50 300V competition is whatt I use now. was also using the Rock oil 15/50 full synthetic as well , but not so easy to find so I switched back to Motul, is such a great product.

From people who raced Guzzis a good choice is Castrol MTX 75/140 for gear and bevel,which I use now. Never heared about red line except here in the forum and I can't tell.

The Motorex gear oil "synthesis" 80/90 for gear , together with their liquid paste HPLS (which was made especially for bevel boxes like Guzzis")for the bevel box is also working flawlles to my experience.

Guest DOUGDANGER

Motul 15/50 300V competition is whatt I use now. was also using the Rock oil 15/50 full synthetic as well , but not so easy to find so I switched back to Motul, is such a great product.

From people who raced Guzzis a good choice is Castrol MTX 75/140 for gear and bevel,which I use now. Never heared about red line except here in the forum and I can't tell.

The Motorex gear oil "synthesis" 80/90 for gear , together with their liquid paste HPLS (which was made especially for bevel boxes like Guzzis")for the bevel box is also working flawlles to my experience.

Thanks for your help Alex

I quess I should not of asked about oil.

Have you tried searching the archives for oil info?

Do so and you will become an expert like everyone else on this forum.

I'm running Amzoil in the engine and Redline in the gear and bevel boxes.

Oh, and might as well add, cheap-ass Wallyworld filter with a hose clamp on it!

Thanks DougD.

You'll find that your owners' manual recommends 5W-40 for the engine.

During colder times of the year, it would probably be advisable to heed the 5W part of that.

I use Mobil-1 synthetic in all my bikes.

Mobil-1 75W-90 is in my trannys and bevel boxes.

No moly in the bevel box, Rocker?

I ran Castrol 20w-50 for the first 40,ooo miles then switched to Mobil 1 15w-50. Redline Lightweight in the gearbox.

I've always used the Guzzi final drive oil with the moly in it, but I'm ready to make a change.

engine : agip 20w50

gearbox and bevel : apip rotra 80w90

what ever you put in it, its fine! guzzi-engines are pretty much still thesame as 30years ago, so whatever oil you will use, it will be better than the ones they used then! much more important to check oil level regular!!!

Guest ratchethack

I may be opening a can of worms, but who cares. I would like to hear from some members about the oils they use for Engine, trans, final drive. . . .

Errrmmmmph! No polls, PLEASE!

"Consensus intelligence" (aka "GROUPTHINK", an oxymoron if there ever was one!) can be -- and most often IS -- horribly MISLEADING at best, and extremely DANGEROUS at worst! :o

After all, politics today is led, conducted by, and determined by MEDIA POLLS, and just look wot we get out o' THAT! :homer:

Roper quoting Ed Milich at GuzziTech on "The Best Oil":

"Something that comes in a container, preferrably sealed, with *OIL* on the label. . . "

:lol:

REDLINE all around, I swear by it. I swear you'll love that shite. and trust me, its not shite.

regular stuff in the crank, shockproof heavy in the tranny and bevel. The stuff is liquid gold but only cost as much as liquid silver :grin:

summit racing sells it and ships it really quickly.