IS IT A Tenni on Ebay

Guest Ian Mottram

Guest Ian Mottram

I just had a look at the tenni on Ebay UK, I don`t think it is a Tenni.

It has black face clocks Tenni should have White face clocks

The colour is black Silver

no Nitrate coated forks Gold looking fork sliders Front mudguard should wrap around the forks

Apears to have smooth black paint on engine Crinckly black paint

Why fit mirrors Mirrors are on the fairing

wrong exhaust should have carbon end cans

Call me a sinic if you like but i smell a rat....

Just because it has Tenni side panels and possibly a head stock it does not make it a Tenni, beware of fakes. :not:

I think it is a standard black Le Mans. It may not be an intentional effort to deceive by the seller- my Rosso Corsa is listed as a Tenni on the V5 document- as are all V11 Le Mans I believe, whether they are a Tenni or not. DVLA can't cope with all the V11 designations!

If the seller is not an expert on the V11 range then he may have simply got the name from the registration document.

Will probably go for way more than it is worth- a reasonable Le Mans of that age in decent nick would go for about £3k on EBAY, but people tend to go silly and pay over the odds sometimes with damaged bikes like this one.

Guy :helmet:

I think it is a standard black Le Mans. It may not be an intentional effort to deceive by the seller- my Rosso Corsa is listed as a Tenni on the V5 document- as are all V11 Le Mans I believe, whether they are a Tenni or not. DVLA can't cope with all the V11 designations!

If the seller is not an expert on the V11 range then he may have simply got the name from the registration document.

Will probably go for way more than it is worth- a reasonable Le Mans of that age in decent nick would go for about £3k on EBAY, but people tend to go silly and pay over the odds sometimes with damaged bikes like this one.

What? pay too much for a :sun: Tenni :wub: !!!.....ahhh, what price perfection??? :D

Ok, ok,...no more kidding, the simple way to prove if it's a real :notworthy: Tenni :wub: would be to see what # it is on the Tenni registry....from what Giovanni, #60 found out, there where 170 produced

and yes, before anyone gives me a slap for not up-dating the registery on a regular basis, l've already done that.... :blush:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I agree, the value the seller quotes is for dreamers! An yes, I was interested too but NOT at the silly money it making now.

Cosmetic damage??? that includes a cylinder head then!!

Here is something a bit cheaper for you Tenni fans

Tenni item for sale

One thing I have wondered, while we are on the subject, is why the example of a Tenni in the Mandello factory museum has Ohlins suspension but the customer version has black Marzocchis?

Anyone know the answer- was this bike special in some way? It has a map drawn on the tailpiece- maybe it was entered into some sort of competition.

• Like 1

Anyone know the answer- was this bike special in some way? It has a map drawn on the tailpiece- maybe it was entered into some sort of competition.

Could it be the one Ashley whutshisname raced at the 2002 IOM TT?

:helmet: Hi all, the Tenni at the factory museum was used by Emerson Gattafoni ( an Italo-Argentinian freelance) for a trip in the winter 2001-2002 across Italy,France,Spain and Maroc.I have a copy of "InMoto" magazine with a good report of this trip and some good pictures, well during this tour the front suspension was Marzocchi. I think the fork change was make at the factory after the bike return at factory (a little crash occoured at Gattafoni during this tour) with some damage parts. :mg:

Giovanni #60

:helmet: Hi all, the Tenni at the factory museum was used by Emerson Gattafoni ( an Italo-Argentinian freelance) for a trip in the winter 2001-2002 across Italy,France,Spain and Maroc.I have a copy of "InMoto" magazine with a good report of this trip and some good pictures, well during this tour the front suspension was Marzocchi. I think the fork change was make at the factory after the bike return at factory (a little crash occoured at Gattafoni during this tour) with some damage parts. :mg:

Giovanni #60

Thanks for the explanation Giovanni! :thumbsup: