no dealer in local area???

wheelsucker

Anyone here not have a dealer within 60miles? I'll be moving to Colorado Springs in the near future and am curious as to how I'm going to handle problems since the nearest Guzzi dealer is in Denver which is 70 miles. I can probably manage my own oil and filter changes, but beyond that I may get into trouble. How do others handle this type of situation? I really don't want to give up the Guzzi but not having a dealer nearby does make me nervous.

Buy a workshop manual and Guzziology and read to be honest if you can cope with oil changes you can probally cope with most stuff that ever comes up. Find a genric tech that is prepared to read the manuals and work on it if they are a Ducati type or Aprilia even better. If you get in serious trouble and decent set of tie down straps and a trailer will get it near a dealer.

I have mediocre wrenching skills, a tumble-down garage, basic hand tools and own an '02 Le Mans that I crashed and put back together with the help from the Moto Guzzi online community and mostly with the help of the good people right here on the V11LeMans site. :thumbsup:

I live over 200 miles (one way) from my "local" Guzzi dealer. I have learned to do most all the basic maintenance on the bike (oil changes, valve adjustments, etc.). Once a year I make the ride down to my dealer and have the old girl tuned up (throttle bodies balanced and such) and have them give her the once over.

I don't think having your "local" dealership be 70 miles away will be a problem. You've got friends. :mg:

Just yesterday I put my bike on the trailer for the 63 mile trip to the dealer for service and a little warantee work. You do what you have to, when you don't ride a Honda or Harley. :mg: I used the trip as an excuse to leave work early for a 3 ½ -day weekend. ;) Joe