Quite possibly the world's finest SPORT-touring bike:

rocker59

137040646-L.jpg

I enjoyed about 250 miles of high-speed 80mph-90mph touring on US-412 between Tulsa and Fayetteville this weekend.

What a fine SPORT-touring bike the V11 LeMans makes with the Hepco + Becker luggage.

I really don't understand why Guzzi didn't sell a million of these things !!!

:bike:

That's SWEET!!

I gotta find me a Lemans fairing!! I have the 3-pce Givi bags mounted but I need that fairing!

I have a Magni unit but that actually makes the riding position lower than stock, and that's not what this old back wants! :oldgit:

137040646-L.jpg

Because they don't make 100 BHP Mike, and as every pin-head, pencilneck and chinless wonder KNOWS you can't ride a bike that makes less than 100 RWBHP more than twenty miles because they just don't have the power. :huh2::bbblll::wacko::vomit:

Also, being a Guzzi it has all sorts of weird and unusual foibles. Did you know that because of the 'Funny angle' of the cylinders you have to set them up so that one throttle butterfly opens before the other one? :moon:

Pete

Because they don't make 100 BHP Mike, and as every pin-head, pencilneck and chinless wonder KNOWS you can't ride a bike that makes less than 100 RWBHP more than twenty miles because they just don't have the power. :huh2::bbblll::wacko::vomit:

Pete

You can say that again Pete , you can say that again.

The point is as said before , we live in a world of hype, where less is not enough and yet again more isn't enough too.

Fortunatelly for us , the ones who know what and why we want, we do have a choice of true enjoyment :thumbsup: , with a Guzzi, ;)

Fly Eagle Fly !!! :bier::mg: .

I gotta agree with rocker.

All the people I ride with are hard riding, corner grinding Beemerites.

They love their bags like HDers love their chrome. The safety factor is also a big issue.

I've seen those hard bags save a lot of expensive plastic and a leg or two.

Nope...those bean counters in the front office screwed the pouch for Guzzi on that one too.

I don't know if the Nero is the "best" sport tourer but for me it's the most handsome

and it's the sportiest. :2c::mg:

137040646-L.jpg

I enjoyed about 250 miles of high-speed 80mph-90mph touring on US-412 between Tulsa and Fayetteville this weekend.

What a fine SPORT-touring bike the V11 LeMans makes with the Hepco + Becker luggage.

Did you ride with a pallion aboard. Just wondering about "comfort" for the little lady.

Did you know that because of the 'Funny angle' of the cylinders you have to set them up so that one throttle butterfly opens before the other one? :moon:

Pete

Isn't that because one cylinder fires before the other one does?

Thanks to the less than 100 RWHP I can ride agressively and not get 50 speeding tickets for driving excessively!!

Did you ride with a pallion aboard. Just wondering about "comfort" for the little lady.

Not this trip, but I hauled my last girlfriend around on it quite a bit and she loved it.

She is 5'-7", or so, and has long legs. The longest trips with her were 150-mile afternoon rides.

She appreciated having the topcase as a backrest and didn't complain about legroom, although she said the seat was pretty firm. If I get another girlfriend that enjoys riding pillion on this bike, I'll probably get Rick Mayer to build a 2-up seat for me.

One other thing for two-up riding on this bike. The stock rear spring is too soft. There are some threads here about changing that out. I'm probably going to do that at some point.

94627743-M.jpg

96614086-M.jpg

If I get another girlfriend that enjoys riding pillion on this bike, I'll probably get Rick Mayer to build a 2-up seat for me.

94627743-M.jpg

Yowza! What a tasty morsel! :food:

Best of luck finding a replacement for her; she's gonna be a tough act to follow, I'm sure!

Ride on,

Isn't that because one cylinder fires before the other one does?

Thanks to the less than 100 RWHP I can ride agressively and not get 50 speeding tickets for driving excessively!!

It depends,Jim.

Are you in the Northern or Southern hemisphere?It's to do with the way the fuel swirls.It goes the other way in the southern hemisphere. :nerd: