Bar End Mirror Recommendation

Guest Mongo

Guest Mongo

Looking for recommendations for bar end mirrors for my '04 V11 Sport Ballabio. I have read the FAQs but am looking for someone who has maybe installed them and their opinion.

Thanks

I really like my CRG barends, but looking very deeply into them doesn't reveal if that's a Crown Victoria or an F15 closing on you way back there. I'd gladly surrender a little field of view if they weren't quite so convex.

Also, use a little blue Loktite on the retaining screw. Those replacement lenses are pricey.

I had the CRG Hindsight Mirror on my 2000 Sport for a while. Didn't provide me with enough information so I replaced it with the stockers.

P1100019.jpg

Brian, I don't recognize that fairing. Could you post some more pics. Very nice.

I replaced my stock mirrors with the CRGs about 2 years ago. I really like them but lately I have noticed the left one won't stay up like it used to. I have to reposition it every couple of weeks, though the screws are tight, etc. I took it apart and I think it is the little ball bearing that fits into the socket has worn down or the socket is enlarged. I am thinking about writing CRG to see if they have experienced this with others or if mine is an isolated case. Most likely I just ride too much...you know, I probably exceeded the vibs per timemile(otherwise known as I warped).

Brian, I don't recognize that fairing. Could you post some more pics. Very nice.

:stupid:

Are those handguards you've got on the ends of the bars? Can we get a closeup of that action? Cheers!

:bier:

Guest Mongo

Thanks all, good info for sure. I guess I should have also asked if there is such a thing as mirrors that mount in the current stock position but have longer stalks? I can see fine in the stockers to my immediate side but cannot see anything behind me. If there is a mirror with a longer stalk I would sure install those instead of the bar ends. :homer:

Guzzirider fitted some Buell ones recently that looked quite good.

An update on those mirrors- did a motorway run with them the other day and they do vibe a bit and the view behind is blurry.

Fine round town though. I'm sticking with them- good incentive to keep my speed down.

Guy :helmet:

I just bought the Aprilia Tuono mirrors. Same ones are on the new 1200S. I checked them in my garage and I don't have to tug my elbows in that far anymore to see the cops chasing me... :D

They were dirt cheap, btw. € 21,- a piece.

01_ls.jpg

Indeed, they are both......... and then Buell goes and copies the idea last year with their Ulysses!! :moon:

00_Guzzi_V-11.jpg

00_Guzzi_V-11_Sport.jpg

Not quite riding season yet, up here!