Flashing the ECU

Admin Jaap

Today I had my ECU flashed. HdeB Engineering in Sleen (near Assen). At first he had some trouble with getting into the M15, but there was no stopping this guy. He took his time to get it perfect and I was at his place for over four hours! In the afternoon I had lunch at his home. Now that's service.

If you have the opportunity, spend your money on a custom flashed map and not on a PowerCommander... I can tell you, it's worth it!

The bike is much smoother, and the annoying popping at 3800-4000 rpm is gone! What a blast to ride the 80 miles home.

Max. torque: 101 Nm (!) at 5500 rpm.

Max. horsepower: 89,5 BHP at the rearwheel at 7500 rpm.

I forgot to bring home the graphs :homer: but when I get them I will put them in the dynochart thread.

Today I had my ECU flashed. HdeB Engineering in Sleen (near Assen). At first he had some trouble with getting into the M15, but there was no stopping this guy. He took his time to get it perfect and I was at his place for over four hours! In the afternoon I had lunch at his home. Now that's service.

If you have the opportunity, spend your money on a custom flashed map and not on a PowerCommander... I can tell you, it's worth it!

The bike is much smoother, and the annoying popping at 3800-4000 rpm is gone! What a blast to ride the 80 miles home.

Max. torque: 101 Nm (!) at 5500 rpm.

Max. horsepower: 89,5 BHP at the rearwheel at 7500 rpm.

I forgot to bring home the graphs :homer: but when I get them I will put them in the dynochart thread.

My ECU was remapped by Henk HdB as well. I am a customer for many years now. First as a Ducati owner and now with my lemans '03.

The problem I had was that my bike was pinging like hell.

The previous owner installed; twin spark, Mistral x cross, re-machined camshaft (less overlap) max Torque was the goal.

At the first run there was 82HP and 90Nm available. After the ignition map was changed (less pre ignition, due to the twin spark concept) and remapping the fuell map 88HP was achieved and 100Nm and hardly any pinging. The bike is really smooth now, 80 Nm at ~2000rpm. And no popping at 3500 - 4000 rpm at all.

Down side; the fuel consumption went up 1:13 average.

In my opinion, remapping the ECU is a preferred method over a PC but due to access problems not always possible.

And HdB engineering? He can do magic thinks with his Tovami (Ruud Fredericks) testing facilities, for tunning the place to be.

I will put my graph on the dynochart as well if I can find it.

ciao

I've never heard of anyone reflashing the ECU on this side of the pond. Power Commander tuning centers are all over the place around here though.

Try Doug Lofgren.

He has done some V11s.

I hope he still does because I would like to use him as well!

http://www.visi.com/~moperfserv/

Some do it yourself methods for flashing the ECU are:

Axeone (very expensive)

Techno Research's Direct Link (an excellent choice! )

TuneBoy (Very similar to Direct Link. I use tuneboy :bier: )

FIM Ultimap (from what I understood from documentation, not my favorite choice)

Cliff's My15 (Another excellent choice that actually replaces the ECU with a flashable one that has other advantages)

I forget the name but there is a slick unit available from Europe that integrates the ECU inside the tachometer...a great space saver, but a bit expensive.

Its from Moto Spezial

That is such a nice setup. :P:

I can just imagine many years from now someone inheriting your bike trying to find the ECU, looking under the seat, under the tank, and not finding it :P

<_ update... for the moment please forget what i wrote above. been to a guzzi meeting yesterday and today bike ran like crap... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":("> I don't understand. It ran beautifully when I rode home on friday. But it now pops and backfires at 2500 rpm AND at 3700 rpm. It's worse than before. Bugger.

HdeB will get my call first thing tuesday morning.

<_ update... for the moment please forget what i wrote above. been to a guzzi meeting yesterday and today bike ran like crap... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":("> I don't understand. It ran beautifully when I rode home on friday. But it now pops and backfires at 2500 rpm AND at 3700 rpm. It's worse than before. Bugger.

HdeB will get my call first thing tuesday morning.

I would suggest to take a look at the TB's and see if the are synchronized first,a lok at the TPS and the valves is alo a relative thing to check up.

Temprature chart should alo be taken into consideration. What was your bikes temp(and outside temp) when it was running OK?

Doest in mow always(all oil temps) run with this problem?

The "hicup" thing does it happns on all gears at these rpm?when accelerating or when holding the thotlle steady on these rpm?

Jus few tips to mak your resource.It can be fixed so don't worry about it