More LED 2

nose2wind

Thanks for all the info however, I still don't have the problem solved.

Mine stay on no blinking or winking!

Tried a electronic flasher the kind that plugs into the existing socket no go.

Also tried resistors no go.

Then read about the turn indicator ground issue.

Removed the bulb and can get each side to light up independently but still no blinking.

So is the solution 2 fold?

Install the diodes into the 2 wires leading from the back of the indicator bulb socket?

And install a electronic flasher or resistors?

Just as a side note the LED indicators came with a little pigtail that can be inserted into the circuit.

I cut one open and there are some diodes with the color wire in one end and the black to the other.

Does anyone know there purpose?

Thanks,

Bird Dawg

Guest Nogbad

Bird, If you are using resistors they must be parallel, ACROSS the indicator LEDs to divert "bulb like" power to earth and give the flasher enough current to operate its thermal switch.

If you are using the resistor solution with the original flasher you do not need to rewire the idiot light. The idiot light rewire mod is only for an electronic flasher with LED winkers all round.

If you are still having trouble mail me on gmcarroll["A"THINGY]tiscali.co.uk

Nogbad is correct the resistors would go across the indicators as LED's look like an open circut to stuff like flashers, or you could install a dual load equalizer wired into your blinker system in conjunction with ypor factory flasher, they're about $15.

Nogbad is correct the resistors would go across the indicators as LED's look like an open circut to stuff like flashers, or you could install a dual load equalizer wired into your blinker system in conjunction with ypor factory flasher, they're about $15.

Thanks for the reply,

He is where things stand as of 9 am dallas time Sunday

I went ahead and purchased a electronic flasher and the diodes and installed them. Each side is now isolated. Now the lights come on and I can see them weakly flashing but they stay on during the flash. Also the idiot light is not on ever.

I swapped the bulb with the high beams and it is ok

I have gotten confused on the color of the wiring and which lead is ground or not.

What happens if you get the wires swapped? No lights maybe

I have removed the resistors for now.

I am going to open the tail section and try to isolate each signal to see it I have some wires crossed.

Any adivise is welcome

One last thing do you have any idea what the pigtails with the the wires leading into and out of the diodes are for. They came with the lights and no instructions. Should I be using them?

Thanks

David

Thanks for the reply,

He is where things stand as of 9 am dallas time Sunday

I went ahead and purchased a electronic flasher and the diodes and installed them. Each side is now isolated. Now the lights come on and I can see them weakly flashing but they stay on during the flash. Also the idiot light is not on ever.

I swapped the bulb with the high beams and it is ok

I have gotten confused on the color of the wiring and which lead is ground or not.

What happens if you get the wires swapped? No lights maybe

I have removed the resistors for now.

I am going to open the tail section and try to isolate each signal to see it I have some wires crossed.

Any adivise is welcome

One last thing do you have any idea what the pigtails with the the wires leading into and out of the diodes are for. They came with the lights and no instructions. Should I be using them?

Thanks

David

I got the turn indicator to work but only if I jump across one of the diodes with aligator clips.

the silver band on the diodes are pointing towards the indicator.

I went back to the stock lights in front just to get things back as they were before the problems started.

P.S. When I was trying the resistors I had them running in line not across. Duh!

I might have to go back to this method If I can't get the diode thing working. Could the one diode be bad? Maybe when I was soldering it into the line?

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca

"keep you nose to the wind"

Guest Nogbad

I got the turn indicator to work but only if I jump across one of the diodes with aligator clips.

the silver band on the diodes are pointing towards the indicator.

I went back to the stock lights in front just to get things back as they were before the problems started.

P.S. When I was trying the resistors I had them running in line not across. Duh!

I might have to go back to this method If I can't get the diode thing working. Could the one diode be bad? Maybe when I was soldering it into the line?

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca

"keep you nose to the wind"

See my regular e-mail

I finally got it solved.

Here is what I ended up with.

I plugged in the pigtails(resistors) that came with the lights. I got away with them before because I had stock lights on the front.

The indicator would not work till I jumped past the installed diodes one on each side. This is how I left it.

The stock flasher would not work so I used the electronic unit. It reacts instantly is a little faster and is a noisy bugger.

Thanks for all the help!

Think I will go for a ride!!!!