Brake and Clutch Hydraulic Lines Lengths

Guest h8chains

Guest h8chains

Does anyone know exactly how long the stock OEM brake and clutch lines for the 04 V11 Le Mans?

Getting ready to install my bar riser. I called MPH for longer lines but all they have are 2" longer than stock. Spiegler is my next stop but I need some dimensions.

Can I assume, that I don't need to replace the 2 short hoses on the front brake? Anyone here has 4-5" longer lines for sale?

Thanks.

I don't know if this helps:

For my Convertibars I got some Galfer cables for a Suzuki SV650.

I seem to recall they measured 31" and 32" or maybe they were 32" and 33" :huh2:

I just went out and tried to measure them on the bike and got 32/33 inch, but it is more accurate to stretch them out and measure, so I am not sure.

I would guess they are about 2 inches longer than stock.

But anyway, the point is, I got about an one inch extra out of the new brake lines. I could go a little higher, but the limiting factor is now the Clutch line and the throttle cable.

If you don't change the throttle cable, you probably won't need to replace the clutch cable.

I want to go with radial brake and clutch master, but then I would need longer brake and clutch lines.

I am very happy with the height :grin:

Does anyone know exactly how long the stock OEM brake and clutch lines for the 04 V11 Le Mans?

Getting ready to install my bar riser. I called MPH for longer lines but all they have are 2" longer than stock. Spiegler is my next stop but I need some dimensions.

Can I assume, that I don't need to replace the 2 short hoses on the front brake? Anyone here has 4-5" longer lines for sale?

Thanks.

Yeah baby.............

dorkus.jpg

Guest h8chains

post-3827-1177214894_thumb.jpg

That must be one heck of a bar riser you are installing. :luigi: I've got a set of Convertabars on my 04 LeMans :D and I didn't change out the stock lines. I've had no problems. Did you try fitting it up first?

:mg:

I'll go ahead and mount them first. See picture of the one I made.

I hope the throttle cable will be long enough, so I don't need a new one, and keep the oem clutch cable as well. I'll do a fit check and contact Greg for the right length.

Thanks for all the replies.

bar_riser.jpg

If that is to scale, I think the stock lines may be fine.

Make sure you fully extend the forks after mounting to make sure the brake lines are not put into a state of tension :o

And check that throttle speed is not effected by turning the handle bars...Of course :cheese:

But it does not hurt to repeat warnings about things I know some people overlook :doh::blush:

Click here for 20" ape hangers photo!