Expected Mileage and low fuel light

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong

I'm heading up to Laguna Seca this weekend for the annual Superbike races on my new Le Mans. This will be its first big trip. I'm a little concerned about the range and the low fuel light. What is the approx. range of the Le Mans once the low fuel light goes on? I'm asking because I think I remember reading some posts stating that once the light goes on, you better find a gas station quik!

Just a note: After breaking in my bike, I had Ferracci pipes, a Stucci crossover, and a power commander installed and then dynoed, and WOW :bike: what a difference! It's a different bike! I highly reccomend doing these mods if you're thinking about it.

If it helps at all my bike went on the reserve light at 150 miles today (about normal, 35 MPG) and was still running fine at 175 miles when I got gas. I understand the bike has at least 4 liters (over a gallon) of useful gas left plus Al's favorite 1/2 gallon over on the right side and not available to the engine.

I have the PCIII and Stucchi X-pipe, otherwise stock.

Lex

What year Lemans do you have? On my 2003 Rosso, the fuel light comes on at 120 miles. I have calculated 32 to 33 mpgs. :o My 00 Sport does mucho better, around 160 till the light comes on! :thumbsup:

Mike

I think it just depends on "state of tune", how "broken-in" the engine is, the type of riding... etc.

My light usually comes on at 120-140 miles on my 2002, and then I seem to have about 40 miles left.

However, I was getting almost 43-45mpg on a long trip last Spring, mostly highway riding.

So it just depends.

I think I get around 30mpg in town/twisties though.

al

Guest Le Man

Just to add another..I just finished a 2k plus trip on my stock '03

Le Mans. Fuel light starts to show up about 140 miles..I make sure I stop for

fuel no later than 180 miles. Highway driving..75 mph.

Mike