Ride today in beautiful N CA

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Took a few hours off to take Billybob out for a spin - I cruised to El Dorado on Hwy 49 from my place just above Placerville - then took Hwy 49 towards Plymouth - the road is smooth and beautiful to ride on - the countryside is wonderful - then at Plymouth take a left turn on E16 towards Fiddletown and shanandoah valley area - some beautiful wineries out there - many areas reminded me of parts of Europe. The vines are beginning to show some green shoots.

Then through River Pines and on over the consumes river, up a steep road to Pleasant valley then headed back towards Placerville - took time out to slurp down a very nice strawberry milkshake at in and out burger.

Bike was running great, roads are quiet and must say the area is looking beautiful this time of the year.

Here are some pics:

Here is a nice winery which produces very good wines;

post-1974-1177454339_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1177454365_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1177454389_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1177454402_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1177454433_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1177454491_thumb.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

Bags look good on the bike.

Of course you'd never admit to having the burger that went with the shake :D

In and out burgers are pretty darn good - especially if you order them 'animal style' - however I managed at least some self control and only had the milkshake. Suprisingly although they cut the fries right there in front of you I dont really like them - give me the processed crap any time - if you are going to splurge on unhealthy food do it properly!!!!!!! :food:

If you want a really serious buger then I recommend the 'six dollar burger' at Carls Junior - it is actually about $4.00 and is a mighty feast.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest h8chains

We got invited by friends from Fresno to do a weekend ride on the 49 this June. I certainly could not wait to do it. Heard it's really scenic and the roads are well maintained.