Blown fuses....

Guest Guzzibill

Guest Guzzibill

Hello All , I`m new to this forum and have to say , I`m very impressed with the quality of companionship . Enthusiasts dont get better than this ! Sorry if this post is a rehash , I bought a new Red and Gray 02 Lemans in April and after the obligatory oil leak , am now having problems with the blowing of a 15 amp fuse which shuts down the Tach and also stops the battery from charging . Seems to happen after about 15 miles of riding and coincidently started after a new PC111 was installed. Left me pushing the bike off a So. Cal freeway on the way to work a few mornings ago. <_< I`ve ordered the retro Bosch relays for starters...

I added FBF carbon slip ons and a K and N , The bike is pretty incredible after years of Tonti Lemans , and the sound is perfect for me :food: TIA for any advice anyone might offer

Bill Ross :helmet:

The PC III could be the culprit but the relays or just a short in the wiring could as well. Tace the wiring for the circuit that is blowing and look for bare spots, shorts, etc.

:notworthy: and pray to the god of the electron

Hi Bill Ross,

I had heard rumors that you had switched over to the Other side when I was at the Arizona Rally. Welcome aboard! :grin:

I wanted to know more about the exhaust system you had built for your bike that was at Arizona. Where did you come up with the design and does it produce more HP? I think the guys on this site would enjoy a picture as well. I have thought of building one similar for the V11 Sport using a formula used for racing engines (for cars).

Thanks,

Mike Stewart

Guest Guzzibill

Thanks for the tips , I suspect the OEM relays , and plan to try the replacement route first . It seems like there are lots of problems with the relays but have not seen anyone complain about fuses . Cliff , I`ll try your suggestion if the new relays dont fix it. This Power commander has a new plug feature , according to Todd , may allow for an ignition advance module to be piggybacked should Dynojet eventually decide to build one. It would be interesting to run the engine without the PC111 with the filter and Ferracci mods. ;)

Mike , watch those rumors now .. :mg: I have been working on an old 50`s Italian Ghia coachbuit sports car with American V8 iron courtesy of Chevrolet. I did a lot of research on exhaust header design and am currently building headers to compliment the webered 327 . The exhaust on the SP cafe was left over pieces, 1 5/8 primaries and 2 1/4 final . Had a few beers one evening and started farting around :bier::luigi: No dyno figures , but seat of the pants.... I may have lost a little low end. I think the homemade reverse cone meg is too restrictive and it was just too loud without baffling and major fiberglass packing. I`ll get some pics together soon . :thumbsup:

Glad to be aboard :bike: Thanks !

Bill Ross

Escondido , Ca.

...welcome Bill!

That is a great looking SP :bike:

Love the color, and that home-made exhaust is trick... who cares if you lost a little power :thumbsup:

al

P.S.

Sorry, but I have no idea on the fuse blowing. I've not heard of too many fuses going south, just the obligatory relays. I too have one of the new USB PCIII units on order, as Todd also told me about the module/slot for future expansion, such as an "r" module for ignition mapping... if we're lucky ^_^

Guest Guzzibill

Paul , Thank you for the wiring diagram , I may well be tracing wires if the new relays dont solve problem . :notworthy: c`mon electron gods !

Al , The new PC111 really works great on the lemans , it`s pretty interesting that Dynojet opted to include an extra port on the latest ones , Hope they rethink their timing strategies .

Dave , Thats a pretty cool shot of the wrecking crew :thumbsup: See ya on a ride soon I hope .

I`ll let you all know what the culprit ends up being :bike:

Bill