Warm Fuzzies?

zagato

Guest ratchethack

Why try to make a perfectly sound and enjoyable street bike into something it's not? :huh2:

Doug

Doug, there are those who will be happy to say they bought a V-11 because it isn't a UJM hyperbike, and that's not wot they're into. :rolleyes:

Then they spend great gobs of time and money on limitless go-faster gear to bolt onto it, as if this could make it perform like one. :homer:

Go figure. :huh2:

bet the Buell was tons of fun, rain on the way home sucks but at least it was dry for you

i'm waiting for the pictures to get uploaded still from the trackside photographer but I'm finding it pretty rewarding to ride an unusual bike on the shorter tracks. There's nothing quite like it for the ego than to outbrake a Fireblade on the brakes, then overtake a GSXR 750 on the way out of the turn and finally to go round the outside of a Daytona 675 in a long sweeper all on the same lap :)

Of course thats just group B where most of the riders are mere mortals like the rest of us struggling to find a way to feed all of that massive power to their back tires. Meanwhile all of us torquey Vtwin folks ride rings round em all day with massive cheesy grins on how much fun we're having :)

Which track were you at ?

:whistle:

Specifications ain't worth shite if you can't put the power to the pavement.

Not that the Great Rat could ever, ever, ever possibly be wrong... Heaven forbid!

Dave, you gotta realize that you're arguing V11 performance with a self proclaimed "Road Geez" who uses a Kenworth mud flap as a hugger.

Rj

Dave, you gotta realize that you're arguing V11 performance with a self proclaimed "Road Geez" who uses a Kenworth mud flap as a hugger.

:lol:

Thank you for helping me realize -_-

Heck, I really don't want hyperbike performance.

I'd be scared I'd kill me self on a bloody big bore "V11"

I just want a phat torque curve and 100HP.

I don't mind the weight so much, because muscling it through the turns is more fun and probably safer than going through them faster than I can think :doh: I was never very good at video games, and in video games you get endless lives. Keep it real.

As for the argument, all I am saying is two points:

1) keeping up with hyperbikes ridden by sensible riders on the public roads is completely doable on a V11. If they are having to wait up for you at the crossroads for too long, looking into track school and bike modifications can reduce or eliminate the time they have to spend waiting for you.

If they are to impatient, find others to ride with.

If they are actually riding the hyperbikes on the street so fast that they are beyond the capabilities of a well setup V11, then IMHO there is a good chance they are either too damn stupid or have death wishes, maybe both, find others to ride with.

(Ratchet are you suggesting people should buy hyperbikes to keep up with the lunatics?)

2) It is possible to bring a V11 nearly up to the level of performance of a BOT champion and for the most part, beyond the performance level of the fastest big four stock hyperbikes.

It would be a little heavier, and probably a little slower than Guareschi's, to be street legal and street worthy, but it would shred at a level that the best stock hyperbikes would not be able to keep up with on most roads, given equal expert riders.

Why would you want to do that? Heck, I don't know, but as far as I can tell, it is possible.

The top-end of the engine would have to be replaced and water cooling added, but it would be an engine modification and not an engine replacement.

But maybe I am wrong and the kit only works on 850 and 1000cc Guzzis.

In that case you would have to find someone to swap engines with minus the front case to fit the frame, so you would retain part of the V11.

I am sure some of the veterans on this forum could tell us if the kit would work, since it works for 850 and 1000cc engines.

Moderator hat on:

OK, all youse guys...you all know who you are. Like your dad said 'I don't care who started it, but I know damn well whose going to finish it'. You and you and you and you aren't going to change anyone's mind nor convert anyone to your particular reasoning, so there's no point in going on. You're just irritating the natives.

I just drove in from the Illinois Rally (great time, great weather) and I have to come to work on a Sunday morning, and I haven't seen my wife and kid for a couple days, so I'm generally grumpy. And I haven't had any godda*%$#m coffee, so you can figure out what that means.

Now put it back in your pants and play nice.

Sincerely yours,

Jason

Long weekend and I'm stuck home hacking up green stuff.

Yes, well so am I, but at least my lawn mower has a mulching feature which makes the hacking up of green stuff considerably easier.

What?!? Now we can't talk motorcyles!?!

That is going to get boring fast.

:oldgit:

Hooters? That shouldn't get boring at all!!

That shouldn't get boring at all!!

How many times can you re-"read" a thread :huh2:

If I start googling for submissions to that thread, you'll never hear from me again...might be a good thing :D

Here is a good one with Guzzi content, assuming that is still allowed:

350_5028.JPG

Guest ratchethack

. . .It is possible to bring a V11 nearly up to the level of performance of a BOT champion and for the most part, beyond the performance level of the fastest big four stock hyperbikes.

Errr, right. [. . . sigh . . .] <_<

And if you made a V11 into a hood ornament -- errrr, nose-cone ornament -- on a Saturn V rocket, Dave, (with five first-stage engines alone producing 7.5 million pounds of thrust -- now THERE'S an impressive torque curve!) you could also say a V11 is capable of enough acceleration to leave Earth orbit and put it on the moon. . . :P

Now that you've made the above statement as firm as you can 3 different ways, Dave -- the burden of proof is on YOU.

All you have to do to save face now, Dave, is hunt one of these mythical creatures down and bring credible proof of its existence back to Earth with you next time you happen to be in the same solar system. . . :grin:

Happy hunting . . . :lol:;)

Be sure to give a big, "Hey!" to Elvis and Bigfoot, and warmest regards to The Tooth Fairy. :whistle:

post-1212-1179702422.jpg

And if you made a V11 into a hood ornament -- errrr, nose-cone ornament -- on a Saturn V rocket, Dave, (with five first-stage engines alone producing 7.5 million pounds of thrust -- now THERE'S an impressive torque curve!) you could also say a V11 is capable of enough acceleration to leave Earth orbit and put it on the moon. . . :P

So what you are saying is that it is possible!!

Now that you've made the above statement as firm as you can 3 different ways, Dave -- the burden of proof is on YOU.

You don't even believe in "proof"

I showed you how it can be done.

RobbieG testified that he could keep up with the hyperbikes.

Keep your head buried in the sand and you will always be correct about EVERYTHING.

Go get your R1 and try to keep up with the people doing 120MPH on Mount Palomar's sweepers. :grin: ...it was nicing knowing ya. :( RatchetHack, born 1752, died 2007 RIP -_-

But before you go buy your R1, take a last gander at the exploits of GeruGuzzi on a barely modified Guzzi (not competing against hyperbikes)

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...sult_type=posts

Give the man a bigbore kit plus $20,000 bike improvement budget and I have complete faith that he could compete against a stock R1.

V11TDsB1.jpegBut surely he'll have to do something about the cornering clearance. :grin:

Somehow he seems to be violating the rules of THE PACE...

Guest ratchethack

You don't even believe in "proof"

I showed you how it can be done.

RobbieG testified that he could keep up with the hyperbikes.

Dave. Photos of unknown motorcycles. Links to a website offering an altogether different motor without one single V-11 part in it. Unknown somebody's say they kept up with other unknown somebody else's on unknown hyperbikes on unknown roads under unknown conditions. You say you have "complete faith". It COULD be, it SHOULD be, and Dave WANTS it to be. <_<

That's not REALLY wot you're SERIOUSLY offering on this Forum for your "proof" of this statement:

. . .It is possible to bring a V11 nearly up to the level of performance of a BOT champion and for the most part, beyond the performance level of the fastest big four stock hyperbikes.

............errr, IS IT, Dave? :huh2:

D'you think any judge in any court of law anywhere on THIS planet would accept the above as "proof", Dave? :whistle:

D'you think Piaggio would accept it as "proof", Dave? :whistle:

D'you know wot the word "proof" means on THIS planet? :huh2:

Sorry I asked, I think we've already discovered this in a previous thread. . . :o

If you could just convince Piaggio that "it is possible to bring a V11 nearly up to the level of performance of a BOT champion and for the most part, beyond the performance level of the fastest big four stock hyperbikes", I reckon you'd be a National Hero in Italy -- er, at least in Mandello. ;):mg:

:whistle:

Dave. Photos of unknown motorcycles. Links to a website offering an altogether different motor without one single V-11 part in it.

You have paid no attention.

The bigbore kit would use the entire engine case and bottom end of the V11. Do you now accept the proof? Or does this modification violate YOUR RULES

Unknown somebody's say they kept up with other unknown somebody else's on unknown hyperbikes on unknown roads under unknown conditions. You say you have "complete faith". It COULD be, it SHOULD be, and Dave WANTS it to be. <_>

What are you talking about?

These people aren't unknown! They are forum members!!! Robbieg rides with the group of people that you are constantly invited to ride with. GeruGuzzi posted many photos and his racing standing can be verified. What better evidence is there?!?

That's not REALLY wot you're SERIOUSLY offering on this Forum for your "proof" of this statement:

............errr, IS IT, Dave? :huh2:

D'you think any judge in any court of law anywhere on THIS planet would accept the above as "proof", Dave? :whistle:

D'you think Piaggio would accept it as "proof", Dave? :whistle:

D'you know wot the word "proof" means on THIS planet? :huh2:

Sorry I asked, I think we've already discovered this in a previous thread. . . :o

If you could just convince Piaggio that "it is possible to bring a V11 nearly up to the level of performance of a BOT champion and for the most part, beyond the performance level of the fastest big four stock hyperbikes", I reckon you'd be a National Hero in Italy -- er, at least in Mandello. ;):mg:

Why would that be?

Piaggio knows they could build such a bike. But it would not be street legal or it would not be air cooled, or it would be more than two valved, or it would be more than 1400cc.

You or I could modify a bike beyond what is street legal and get away with it. Piaggio can't.

The BigBore kit is "for racing only" but that does not mean I can't get away with it.

Piaggio won't even build a street bike to compete with a BMW R1200S. But it is POSSIBLE for them to do it.

image351.gif