Foot peg mod.

kevdog3019

Just thought I'd post this here as well as on Technical Topics (because I feel strongly about it):

Hey John,

Got the pegs and levers installed Thursday. Finally rode it this morning and, OH MY... what a difference! First, I want to tell everyone that these things are first-rate as far as casting and engineering goes. Everything is supplied and the directions are clear. It did take a bit of fanagling to get into the tight spaces that are required for install, but the time is worth it.

Here are my comments:

The obvious...knee position is greatly relieved.

Pressure on the palms is greatly improved and almost non-exhistent.

Crotch is not pressed against the tank as before. The pelvis is not tilted forward, but more neutral.

The shifts seem to be more exacting. I don't know if it's the leverage difference or what, but it feels more solid and I'm hitting less false neutrals.

If this position could be compared to anything, it would be my Breva 750, but with a bit more aggressive forward lean. I couldn't be more happy with this mod and think it is probably the single most effective mod for the Lemans. I now do not have to consider a seat change or selling the bike altogether. For those interested for their own comfort, do yourself a favor and consider this. For the price he's offering these at and the precision craftsmanship, you won't be sorry. John is also a man of his word, and I appreciate that.

Thanks John.

-Kevin

Look at the "Technical Topics" section of the forum for all the info you need. John is "Ryland" and he has recently made this mod. He did it for himself first and others chimed in for him to possibly produce a set for them. He did the legwork necessary for casting, etc. and the first sets have made there way to those of us on the top of the list. There are pics showing the mod. I highly recommend everyone interested in comfort look at this topic. I did many twisties today and there are no changes in performance, but much difference in comfort. I have a 34+ inseam so I really needed relief. It's amazing what 5 inches forward and a bit lower do for comfort. If you want to quickly see where they sit, the right peg is approximately in the same place as your brake lever (end) currently sits (from what I remember). They look normal on the bike and are VERY well engineered.