Tank and Tailpiece from 01 V11 Sport

joe camarda

I've located some parts from one of my old bikes...I think. These parts have bounced back and forth several times between Carl Allison and me and now I'm hoping to pry them from his greedy little hands :rolleyes:

The tailpiece is the early solid style that fit my 01 Sport. I think that MG later went to a "hollow" style.

The gas tank also fit my 01 Sport.

Will these pieces fit a 04 Coppa?

Oh, and the windscreens. Are they interchangeable? I tend to think not because of the headlight mounting.

As always...TIA

well the back mounting of the tail is a little different, but that can fit. The tank doesn't have the pump/filter inside as the coppa has. And the coppa tank is flat on top, where the old ones have a screwed on piece. I would look for a >2003 tank to switch. They are on ebay from time to time. But get the coppa, you will find someone why wants to exchange with you. Or you have figured out to keep the coppa parts to bring it back original if you want?

well the back mounting of the tail is a little different, but that can fit. The tank doesn't have the pump/filter inside as the coppa has. And the coppa tank is flat on top, where the old ones have a screwed on piece. I would look for a >2003 tank to switch. They are on ebay from time to time. But get the coppa, you will find someone why wants to exchange with you. Or you have figured out to keep the coppa parts to bring it back original if you want?

Hi Paul, and thanks for the info.

So because the 01 does not have the pump/filter inside it wouldnt work. :(

And yes, if I can round up the body panels I would just as soon keep the originals for re-sale value. Are you still manufacturing tail-pieces?

Any idea re the windscreen? I think the 01 screen looked better than the 04, but doubt that it will work.

well, it can work, but then you need to add a pump and filter under the tank.

I still make the tails.

For the windscreen, the big difference is that the cappa has the fairing not moving with the forks, but mounted on the frame, that akes it very different, it sits more up front, to give the bar the space to move.

This isn't easy to change, you need to change a lot of parts