model 2001

mdude

last night after assembling the last bits from my little shunt earlier I discovered a little note glued to the cables behind the headlamp.

It was the checkout note from the tech at Guzzi, confirming that he had taken a superficial glance at the bike, from a distance, between espressos, counting the wheels and the cylinders, confirming the mandatory lack of grease at all important areas and finding it OK enough to ship it to Norway.

My V11 Sport, listed as a 2001 in all registers that matters, was checked out of Mandello at 12:13 the 11th Novembre 1999.... but I had already somehow guessed.

By the way:

The brake pedal is now ok, the resistant frame bolt came out using the BSA technique; dont force it, use a bigger hammer...(you like that dont you Ratchet :D ) It helped loosening the other bolts on the porkchop. By the way; I found the lower bolt that goes through the engine casing was beginning to work its way loose....

Buell footpegs are converted and assembled together with Rossopuro holed headguards. I have to live with a dented Ti can till later, at least its not holed. Scratched valve cover will either be polished or painted red later. The brake handle microswitch played up at the last minute but was put right simply by taking it off, talking to it smoothly, filling it with Phillips Contact Spray and putting it back on. Carbon bikini fairing is painted (on my roof terrace, using spraypaint) and looking very good... Last thing to do is adjusting headlights tonight.

Damn that little off has taken me some time.....