Fuse box ?

scottybee

An alternative fused location:

If you check out the fuse block, you will find that the gracious folks at MG left you one unused fuse clip at the end of the block :). It is completely unused, so you would have to wire it up.

But this is what I used for my heated grips. I simply spliced into the battery side of the harness for the lights fuse which is the fuse right beside that last unused one. It ended up all being very neat and factory-looking, provided standard blade fusing, and seems very functional.

For higher load accessories, if want to wire directly from the battery, you can simply splice into any of the other circuits to control a relay

as well.

If you want to take the extra time, I'd recommend considering using this fuse spare for protecting any accessories.

al

Which is the battery side? Do I jumper one terminal (battery side) to another battery side wire then use the other fuse terminal for my hot wire to my powerlet then run another wire from powerlet to ground?

Guzzifusebox002.jpgGuzzifusebox001.jpg

Also...

What is this coupler for? It isn't plugged into anything just zip tied to the frame.

unusedcoupler002.jpg

Which is the battery side? Do I jumper one terminal (battery side) to another battery side wire then use the other fuse terminal for my hot wire to my powerlet then run another wire from powerlet to ground?

Er, OK, I'm marking 'yes' as the best answer. Reallize the total surface area available for connectors inside the fuse block is limited. An inline fuse holder will likely be more reliable.

What are you trying to power up?

The connector, I believe, is for connecting the factory diagnostic tool.

I'm powering a Autocom communication system, (IPOD, Phone, Motorola FRS radio... one at a time).

I thought about running a wire from the battery with inline fuse. But there already 3 connectors on the battery and it's a pain to get the bolt started.

I don't know how that extra fuse could be used for a factory diagnostic device since it isn't connected to anything on the bike at this point.

Oh, sorry, not the extra fuse, but the connector (coupler) you asked about should be for the diagnostic tool.

Best way to add an accessory power source is probably through a junction blck. Try a search on that and check some of the solutions others have done.

let us know how you sort it out. :thumbsup:

The Californias ran a lead off of the starter terminal when the battery post got over-subscribed. I see no reason why that would not also be an opportune location on other models. Easier to access and trouble-shoot too.