Horn Upgrade?(OOPS posted in wrong forum earlier)

Guest GuzziLee

Guest ratchethack

Sure enough was a dump on a Triumph that inspired the tale and a great song. Arlo took my Lemans IV for about a block around the church :bike: and returned (upright thank god ) with a huge grin, not really sure he ground his way even past third though, but loved it.

Now I just gotta ask. . . That wouldn't be The Church -- the one where Alice and Ray and Foucher the dog lived, where they took out the pews and decided they didn't have to take out the trash for a long, long time -- the church that inspired the tale of the trash detail in the VW microbus with implements of destruction, the arrest for litterin', and the infamous Group Dubya Bench -- would it??!!

Enquiring minds (well, you know). ;)

Guest GuzziLee

Now I just gotta ask. . . That wouldn't be The Church -- the one where Alice and Ray and Foucher the dog lived, where they took out the pews and decided they didn't have to take out the trash for a long, long time -- the church that inspired the tale of the trash detail in the VW microbus with implements of destruction, the arrest for litterin', and the infamous Group Dubya Bench -- would it??!!

Enquiring minds (well, you know). ;)

THATBETHEONE :D

Is the Bacchanal club still around in S.Diego??

Guest ratchethack

THATBETHEONE :D

Is the Bacchanal club still around in S.Diego??

No, it's long gone, but I misspent waaaaaaaaay too much o' my tender youth (and once tender liver) in that fire trap on Saturday nights. . . :whistle:

THE BACCHANAL (8022 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Kearny Mesa): For 15 years (1976-1991), this dim, low-ceilinged haunt in a drab strip mall was the city's most star-studded concert club. Ray Charles played there. As did Buddy Rich. So did the Beat Farmers, and Joe Cocker, and Oingo Boingo. The Bach, operated by Bob Speth (later of 4th & B downtown ), closed in 1991, briefly reopened a few years later as the New Bacchanal, and by 1996 was gone for good.

SOURCE: San Diego Tribune. More, if y'er interested:

These tales are takin' me back to a more innocent, happier time (or was it)?! :P

In any case, it's makin' me all misty. . . :(:bier:

Country D!ck Montana (R.I.P.) and The Beat Farmers have been gone for 12 years now. . . :(

"Big ugly wheels

Rolling on down the line

Big Ugly wheels

Dragging that gal of mine.

Big ugly wheels keep on rollin' . . ."

http://mountainweb.ca/laurence/BeatFarmers.html

Hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba. . . ;)