Painting

DeBenGuzzi

well I'm going to look for a place to paint my tail and front fender Rosso Mandello red all around. Hopefully keep a little green in a "V11 Sport" in freehand on both sides like how they write it out on billys and rosso's and such. What should I look for in a place, what kind of price can I expect, is there something I could tell them to help them match the rosso tank I've got quicker or easier? I just don't want to walk in with no info and get taken for a ride so to speak and end up with a shabby job.

also, I SWEAR my rosso tank is a gallon smaller than my stock 00' silver tank. the gas light comes on at 140 and I can only put in almost exactly 4 gallons so the mileage is about right but my old tank went 180 and held 5 maybe a lil more at fill up. :huh2:

this, but ALL Rosso :grin:

DSC_1802.jpg

btw I got WAYYY better blinkers just not a better pic yet.

Wheels of Italy is coming and I need to look my best B)

If yoiu have a paint code that will help, I believe the RM has a multi stage built up paint scheme which requires two color coats (maybe a silver base then red?) It won't be cheap! Some shops can scan your tank and come up with a color match but these colors are difficult. I am a fan of 2 stage urethane paint very durable and easy to shoot, you can with a little elbow grease get a deep and clear shine suitable for shaving! :grin::grin:

Maybe you should have them paint the tank too, so that it matches perfectly.

If you still have the silver tank you could regain your gallon (probably just sensor height)

I got a quote to redo three pieces in silver, ~$800

...someday it will look nice again. :(

well I have a lot of ppl telling me it looks nice, I might just go and get a CF front fender and call it a day for awhile OR paint the tail black AND go get a CF front fender, either way I want a CF front fender, the $300 it'll cost me for the fender doesn't turn my crank, shoulda got one off flea bay when I had the chance for like 175ish, now they're really hard to find. :(

It seems like the hot setup is to just repaint the whole bike. That's my plan with the Tenni, but it's a bit of a slippery slope- if the bodywork gets fresh paint, then the fading on the 'chops and the bubbling engine paint will stick out. Fix that, and the wheels are still a bit banged up...

It seems like the hot setup is to just repaint the whole bike. That's my plan with the Tenni, but it's a bit of a slippery slope- if the bodywork gets fresh paint, then the fading on the 'chops and the bubbling engine paint will stick out. Fix that, and the wheels are still a bit banged up...

you are very right there, I'm just going to get the CF front fender and leave the rest for now actually. I'll get the whole bike painted a few years down the road when I'm ready to get everything in, even the wheels I think. I'll leave the frame and chops alone tho.