Are Stock Pipes Interchangeable?

joe camarda

Don't know.

I forget if those bikes had the shorter frame, thus having a different point of attachment with the passenger peg hanger...

though these are available through MG:

scarichi.jpg

:notworthy:

Code: 97.32.60.90.00.14

TITANIUM RACING EXHAUST KIT

Description:

A new exhaust race system studied to be fitted on V11 series made of:

- 2 titanium silencers with a new accessories logo

- 2 modified passenger footrest support

- 1 CDI

-This kit allows to save about 50% of weight compared to the original one with an appreciable increase of power and torque throughout all r.p.m.

DISCLAIMER FOR TECHNICAL ACCESSORIES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TYPE-- NOTICE! This kit is for OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY!

The items marked with this symbol is for OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY!

- It is intended for installation and use on a Moto Guzzi motorcycle that is used for off-highway competition.

- It MUST NOT BE USED on any motor vehicle that is EVER used on public roadways or trails. Such use is illegal.

- Use of this kit on public streets or highways, and in some cases on publicly owned land, may violate federal, state, or local laws or regulations.

- Such violation can subject the violator to heavy penalties.

- If you have any question about leagality of the use of this kit, consult your Moto Guzzi dealer, importer or branch.

LIABILITY

- Moto Guzzi S.p.A. is released from any liability or obligation for any accidents to people or property that may occur due to or during the use of this kit that has been supplied, or that are caused by or contingent to this kit including accidents that may occur during testing.

I've wondered if anyone has put the late-model "front crossover" headers on an earlier bike.

I wonder if they will physically just bolt on, if there is any advantage, and if the ECU or other tuning would then need to get tweaked.

Al

I've wondered if anyone has put the late-model "front crossover" headers on an earlier bike.

I wonder if they will physically just bolt on, if there is any advantage, and if the ECU or other tuning would then need to get tweaked.

Al

RacerX says he's dyno'd V11s both with, and without, front crossovers with no noticeable differences on the dyno...

His latest project has been replacement headpipes without the crossover...