Finally got a Scura

Chronic

I used to post here a bit awhile ago. Got a new job with stricter I.T. folks and quit doing any forums for awhile. Then something bad happened..... a 50 mph get-off due to a classic downhill high-side and, though I survived, my dear Ballabio did not :(

After the pains subsided (cracked ribs, sprained neck, two day headache) i went a different direction and replaced my Guzz with an '07 Triumph Sprint ST.....which I absolutely LOVE :notworthy: . But, I ...MISSED...MY...GUZZI :bike: . The triples really are sweet and even soulful in a way. But, I think, only the big Guzzi twin has that truely rorty, thumping, almost elemental feel that is so addicting and lusty :P:

So, six months without was enough. I dropped the word on RACER X and within a day or two he turned me on to a dude in San Diego ( drknow ) selling one of the most well sorted and cared for Scuras out there.

BEHOLD....

IMG_0320.jpg

Bubbling paint engine case recall done, shifter spring issue resolved, Ohlins forks resprung ( also gave me a Super Sport valving upgrade kit from GP Suspension for later), and just two weeks ago had a specially lightened, steel flywheel installed. GOOD-TO-GO :bier:

Damn, this thing feels good, looks good.....Hell, it's all good. :rasta:

Look forward to participating here again.

Cheers,

Dave Pott

Very Tasty V11!.......nice pipes to!

one of my regular riding buddies has a Triumph ST, ...goes like Jack the bear, sounds ok, (needs a Staintune) but it 'aint no big block Guzzi.. :mg:

welcome back to the fold, just dont get too carried away with the :ninja: Dark side..... :D

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Glad to hear the head injury wore off and you came back to your senses :P:mg: (Just kidding, I'd love to have an Triumph ST someday)

I'd like to hear your before and after impressions of the Ohlins SuperBike innards, when you get around to it.