Bogging down , and stranded

stucatz

Just when I thought things were good, they are not.

OK, so some backround,

V11, year 2000 with 17000 kms...sympton: starts fine, sputters at 3000 rpm continues to bog down the cant restart after a 10 minute ride.

I have installed mistrals and crossover earlier this year, replaced air filter with K&N pods no power commander ever installed as she seemed to run great before hand.

First question, I simply put the air temperature sensor in a rubber tube and fastened to the spine, is this OK, never seemed to make a difference before?

Could fuel pump relay, last one in rear I believe be fried? I do hear the pump chatter when turn on, for a brief moment.

Should I be looking at getting a power commander before anything?

I looked through prior topics but found a wide array of responses, so any insight and where to look would be grateful

Ciao

Docc, you know i never took the time to hear whether the pump "whirs"

But she cranks and just does not fire up

and from recent history, will start up after a good 1/2 hour wait but only for a short time again

Docc, you know i never took the time to hear whether the pump "whirs"

But she cranks and just does not fire up

and from recent history, will start up after a good 1/2 hour wait but only for a short time again

If it was hot when you shut it down these are the indications of a vapor lock. Assuming it will start and run after a good long 1hr cool down. If you can get a repeat, disconect the fuel line at the cutoff. You should get a nice vapor bubble comming out the fuel line from the direction of the pump. Recconect and try to start. If she fires up you have a vapor lock issue. If you have a electric cutoff you might also consider changing it. If you have a manual one don't forget to close and reopen it before and after.

Your air sensor is fine. I had mine mounted on top of the frame and moved it to behind the headlight with no difference noticed.

The whirring of the pump tells us that you relays, sidestand, neutral switch are not the problem.

Hope this helps

it does sound like a fuel supply failure. Make dure the fuel line from the petcock to the pump is groomed away from the cylinder fins. It may help to move the pump forward in its mount to straighten this line as much as possible. Shortening and even shielding the line are also options.