04 cross over leak

dangerous

Ok, so anyone have any ideas... the crosover (04 in front of engine) pipe/header link leaks some thing wicked, I have tried new gasgets and re tightening the bloody thing but it still leakes. It has slowley got worse and the back firing is now pissing me off.

is there a fix for this minor problem of mine??? :huh2:

I tried Arron Bards shims and they didn't cure mine. So I have regular gasket changes and as the clamps are spot welded on have had to replace the clamp barrells and bolts with the ones from the header/cross over joints and replace those with aftermarket clamps. I really hate my balance pipe. Daren't remove it to get the altenator cover off to do the valve timing so have to advance the engine using a screw driver blade against the flywheel. My silencer/cross over joints have thined out through vibration also. I could really do with a whole system change - Racer X's down pipes would solve your problem, but He doesn't export so it might have to be pre 02 model down pipes.

I tried Arron Bards shims and they didn't cure mine. So I have regular gasket changes and as the clamps are spot welded on have had to replace the clamp barrells and bolts with the ones from the header/cross over joints and replace those with aftermarket clamps. I really hate my balance pipe. Daren't remove it to get the altenator cover off to do the valve timing so have to advance the engine using a screw driver blade against the flywheel. My silencer/cross over joints have thined out through vibration also. I could really do with a whole system change - Racer X's down pipes would solve your problem, but He doesn't export so it might have to be pre 02 model down pipes.

Cheers for that, didnt think about earler headers... then again I was hopping for a cheaper fix. :helmet:

I believe Mike Haven at MPH Cycles in Houston TX has a repair kit and I also believe he has a set of new header pipes available without the crossovers. A friend of mine bought a pair and they look good. They arent cheap but they are less than stock MG.

Scratch that. Todd at Guzzitech is the one with the new pipes. MPH apparently has a "bushing type" kit to help fix the leak on the stock crossover.

You might be in luck if you want a set of my stainless headers as seen here; http://guzzitech.com/PHPBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264 -- KiwiDave (GuzziGander.com) is in town for a few months, so if you're not in a big rush, I'd imagine he might be able to bring a set back for you. Let me know via direct e-mail if you're interested; Todd>atat

You might be in luck if you want a set of my stainless headers as seen here; http://guzzitech.com/PHPBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264 -- KiwiDave (GuzziGander.com) is in town for a few months, so if you're not in a big rush, I'd imagine he might be able to bring a set back for you. Let me know via direct e-mail if you're interested; Todd>atat

So why do they have the link pipe then? what you are saying is that theres no ned for it hence why you reconmend these new stainless jobs? could be keen aye.