Painting valve cover

Golem

Well........Finaly I've found out where was the problem.

In 2004 MG decided to unify the 2 different reds in just one code. So now the GU01023540 is the same code for Mandello and Corsa valve cover....Wasn't been more inteligent and easy to made JUST ONE RED for the 2 bikes from the begining???????

Guest rosso mandello

If you are as fanatic as I am, there is only one way:

Take it apart and paint it all, valve covers, tank and everything.

I just has a minor crash, and scratched the valve cover, and I know from earlyer paint- mistakes that it is the full program, if you are to be satisfied. The paint is not an easy job, they paint a silver base coat, then add the red in a small layer, and on top of it comes the clear coat, the more coat the more colour. Not easy to match an existing colour.

I painted the wheels 3 times along with my valve covers, before it was an almost match of the tank and seat cover.

This time, Ill paint it all, let you see the pictures when I am done.

Mogens.

Well........Finaly I've found out where was the problem.

In 2004 MG decided to unify the 2 different reds in just one code. So now the GU01023540 is the same code for Mandello and Corsa valve cover....Wasn't been more inteligent and easy to made JUST ONE RED for the 2 bikes from the begining???????

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, and I'm not laughing at your misfortune. That finding is just so amusingly typical.

• 8 months later...

You can powdercoat the valve covers. You should cut or grind off the powdercaot where the fasteners touch it. The reason for this is that everytime you tighten the fasteners, you risk tearing loose the powdercoat. Powdercoat has great surface strength, so when it tears loose, it often tears loose a huge chunk of powdercoat.