front brake rotors

Guest vagrant

Guest vagrant

it's time for new rotors on the 98 EV. anybody got any reasonably priced ideas? at 80 k i hate to pay $300 each :mg:

V,

That's about the best I found. I was lucky to find some 'take-offs' from a guy who had hot-rodded his Spot1100.

You could rob the stockers from the Coppa and put some extra trick waves on it. :race:

it's time for new rotors on the 98 EV. anybody got any reasonably priced ideas? at 80 k i hate to pay $300 each :mg:

Ebay...

Lots of Ducati Brembo take-offs.

It's where I got the cast iron rotors for my Sport 1100...

Ducati has used the same 320mm diameter rotors as Guzzi since the mid-90s on most of thier bikes...

Search "Ducati Brake Rotors".

These are a nice upgrade from stock for only $206 each

http://www.guzzitech.com/Brembo-50SFRotor-Todd_E.html

Of course you can probably get the same, but used, on eBay for half the money.

For my bike I am planning either those or better yet, theses:

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/Brembo-55FFRotors.html

for $610 per pair.

The first ones, the World Supersport "Snowflake" rotors are really nice stainless rotors. A friend added these to his Ducati Monster and all I can say is "wow!" They have 6-hole mounting and 10mm offset and will fit our Guzzis.

The second ones appear to be "narrow blade" and 5-hole mounting, no offset. I'm guessing they would work on the new 749/999/1098 series, but not our Guzzis (without modification)...

The "Snowflake" rotors are getting cheaper and work really good. The gold anodised aluminium carrier would look great on a bike with Ohlins suspension...

The "Snowflake" rotors are getting cheaper and work really good. The gold anodised aluminium carrier would look great on a bike with Ohlins suspension...

:food:

Guzzitech has been advertising the five spoke full floaters for Guzzis and have not mentioned the need to modify, but I suppose modification may be required.

Worth an email to

todd

at that place called

guzzitechspotcom

aka racerx,

if interested.

Along these lines, what about the rear rotor? I was able to find much broader coverage on fronts once I knew it was the same fitment as a few Ducatis. Anyone know if there is a direct crossover for the rear?