rear wheel removel

Guest motomentel

Guest motomentel

Where is the pin hiding I do not see anything I took cover off read the manuel and still no pin HELP ! <_<<_<

Welcome to the forum motomentel!

We can't have too many Mental Cases here!

By "fork arm" I think you mean swing arm.

I think the pin you speak of is the pin that hold the rear brake along the swing arm.

Newer and later models are a little different.

What year is your V11?

Here are some tips, some obvious, some less so:

If you are simply changing the tire, do not fully withdraw the axle.

Remove brake line first and be prepared that the brake does not smack the ground when the axle is pulled through.

Keep track of where spacers and washers go.

There is a spacer between wheel and rear drive that will find its way to the floor after the wheel is pulled, and roll down the sewer when you are not watching.

Disassemble the cush drive following Greg's instructions and treat it as he suggests.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=11820&hl=

Be sure to check wheel bearings for damage.

If they turn roughly, lube or replace and make sure bearing spacer is slightly longer than space between bearings if fully seated home. There was a known issue of some spacers being too short which puts excessive side pressure on the bearings when the axle nut is torqued. There is a forum thread or two or more, somewhere...

Dave, did you also say to not remove this space arm, which is holding the brake?

With extracting the wheel, the space arm will getting off. :bier:

No the space arm or brake carrier must come off, but you don't need to remove the bolt that acts as a pin that keeps a rectangular block in place, retaining the brake carrier from spinning with the wheel

On early V11s, you do not have to remove the bolt/pin that holds the brake carrier to the swing arm at the forward point.

You do have to remove the axle, and once you do, the brake carrier can pivot off the pin that holds the carrier alongside the swing arm.

But the brake carrier must come off.

It could be that later V11s require removing the bolt/pin and the cotter pin that more safely retains it, but I doubt it. I think the only difference between early and later is the cotter pin. :nopic:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the later version has the brake carrier clipped to the locator pin. The pin has an extension which extends through the carrier where it is clipped ( not a cotter pin per se, but a spring clip). The '04 we worked on at the Spine Raid had to take the pin out entirely to get the wheel off. This the pin which is threaded through the left side of the swingarm forward of the axle.