Top Posters In This Topic

Richard, front-to-back, it goes:

START

LIGHTS

NEUTRAL

ECU

EFI

:thumbsup:

Thanks Ratchet :thumbsup: Now having looked at the relay switch I'm more puzzled than ever! :bbblll: Something has to be loose in the turn signal wiring. I guess I get to start pulling black tape & looking :luigi:

Well the connections seem to be ok. When I tun on the turn signals all four light up. The idiot light in the dash is not lighting up however. This is where I noticed the problem starting, the idiot light started to fade & when it quit, so did the turn signals. Any advice?

Ya got me by the tweeter on this one, Richard. :blink:

Carl?

Gary?

OMG!! I think I've earned a stump point! lol I cant recall anyone (in here anyway) ever having had you by the tweeter Ratch. :grin:

Oh also fwiw I pulled the relay that controls the lights & the turn signals still work anyway even with the relay pulled out.

By work I mean they all light up but dont blink. The rear turn signals only partially light up. That could be an led thing too IDK

Guest ratchethack

Did you check the blinker relay? It's that can-enclosed gizmo on the left-hand side of the ECU, labeled 552 12V WAGNER.

Fuse #7 (5A) is for the blinkers. Check that? :huh2:

Did you check the blinker relay? It's that can-enclosed gizmo on the left-hand side of the ECU, labeled 552 12V WAGNER.

Fuse #7 (5A) is for the blinkers. Check that? :huh2:

I checked the fuse right off the bat so thats fine. I never knew what the can gizmo was...now I do :grin: I'll have a look at it in the morning.....Ummm btw what should I check it for? Is there a way to know if its gone bad? Any idea on price & where to get one if it is bad?

Well I couldnt wait until morning to check that can thing :!: As far as I can tell the turn signals of course dont light up at all with the can disconected. But to just look at the thing it looks ok to me, no burned edges around the plug or anything like that.

Guest ratchethack

I checked the fuse right off the bat so thats fine. I never knew what the can gizmo was...now I do :grin: I'll have a look at it in the morning.....Ummm btw what should I check it for? Is there a way to know if its gone bad? Any idea on price & where to get one if it is bad?

If it's working properly you'll not only hear it, but you can feel it make and break contact by putting a finger on it. I'm pretty sure it's a dollar part at any Auto Mart anywhere on the planet. . . ;)

If it's working properly you'll not only hear it, but you can feel it make and break contact by putting a finger on it. I'm pretty sure it's a dollar part at any Auto Mart anywhere on the planet. . . ;)

Well come to think of it I dont remember hearing anything when I was trying the turn signals so hopefully its a dollar sized solution first thing in the morning. :grin: Its 10pm...I have no electricity in my garage & now I have to get dressed, go outside, plug that thing back in & feel for a click :rolleyes: I guess I love a good mystery.

Ok now I've done the deed...plugged it back in, cued the turn signals...no sound no feeling of any click with my finger on it after several tries & turning the bike on & off again. Things are pointing to a fast cheap & easy fix

Guest ratchethack

Things are pointing to a fast cheap & easy fix

It often makes sense to try the quick & easy stuff first, when the alternative is a progressively extended analysis. <_<

Of course there's no guarantees here, but might be well worth the effort just on the probabilities. . . :huh2:

This approach has pulled me own chestnuts out o' the fire many a time. :whistle:

Good luck. ;)

Well like any self respecting redneck bike loving Guzzi nut with nothing better to do on a Saturday night, I went to WalMart to get that fuse @ 10:30 pm :P

Long story short, I have a new fuse in it but its still the same old problem :bbblll:

The turn signals are off the relay circuit, so write that possibility off.

Are you just adding the LED turn signals or were they working previously?

It could be a bad turn signal switch. :(

Or maybe a bad flasher relay, but I don't think so as it should not cause all four indicators to light at once.

More likely a misplaced or shorted bulb in the instrument cluster. I hope is just the flasher.

Richard, I have switched from regular turn lights to led. Only at the back of the bike.

To let the led working optimal, you must change the relais.

I do not the name in English but it is the "blinker" or "klingel" in Dutch.

This is saying nothing to you, sorry for that. It is the intermediary relais, the aluminium one under the seat.

For the not working turn signals/light problem. I have had that problem once.

Please, check the contact every end of the wires. Remove it and if necessary spray some liquid to make the contact better.