WHICH MODEL HAVE I GOT?

Guest DAVE WOOLLY

OK, thank you, that's what i thought, a 2001 or 2002...

I am afraid because of the smaller front shocks, i know they are 40 mm and not 43. i say this because i have heard stories of v11 le mans not being stable while driving on highways, i have read stories of people falling off the bike because of this.

I should test ride the bike i think.

I will ask the shop what is the make year of the bike and will let you know.

I have found also a nero corsa 2005 for 5800 euro.... but that's also more money! is there a huge difference?

I've never had or heard of a problem with stability on the Lemans, I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere here that the early red frame V11 Sports had a steeper steering head angle, this could have made them slightly more sensitive to bad riding styles ! :glare: generally Guzzi's are considered more stable than most.

I can't see that larger diameter front forks would improve stability as such , but I assume they would improve the handling due to them bending less under extreme braking and cornering forces ?

just buy it and enjoy :bier:

Guest philrazor

you the britons, with all the bad weather you get, do you ride your bike in the cold slashy weather? do you feel safe riding with this bike in tough weather conditions?

I've never had or heard of a problem with stability on the Lemans, I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere here that the early red frame V11 Sports had a steeper steering head angle, this could have made them slightly more sensitive to bad riding styles ! :glare: generally Guzzi's are considered more stable than most.

I can't see that larger diameter front forks would improve stability as such , but I assume they would improve the handling due to them bending less under extreme braking and cornering forces ?

just buy it and enjoy :bier:

Agreed, this bike is extremely stable at speed.

i say this because i have heard stories of v11 le mans not being stable while driving on highways, i have read stories of people falling off the bike because of this.

That's not been my experience with my Tenni.

On fast, sweeping bends, the old saying "As if on rails" applies to my bike. Solid like a rock.

In any case, if you're going to spend most of your time riding in Rome traffic, a Moto Guzzi probably wouldn't be your best choice.

Moto Guzzis were made for the open road. :mg:

Guest philrazor

Moto Guzzis were made for the open road. :mg:

on the other hand, i have seen there is at least one v11 rider on this forum from NY, i wonder what is his experience on a v11 in that city.

guzzi_16.jpgHet Philrazor, I have the Nero, and do both in town commuting, and open road riding. For the difference in price, you are getting the Ohlins suspension, front and back. It will make ALOT of difference in both handling high and low speeds, and in combo with those Brembo brakes, a potent stopping force. I LOVE MINE. Good Luck, no matter how you go, you would really enjoy a V11! :bike::mg::wub: