Video from Hallett Circuit.

Richard Z

My 2004 V11 Sport

My 1982 KZ1000R1 Eddie Lawson Replica. Engine still sounds a little flat. Still needs some tuning.

Sorry, no fancy music.... Just the music of ICE (Internal Combustion Engines)

Richard Z.

My 2004 V11 Sport

My 1982 KZ1000R1 Eddie Lawson Replica. Engine still sounds a little flat. Still needs some tuning.

Sorry, no fancy music.... Just the music of ICE (Internal Combustion Engines)

Richard Z.

Cool video! Thanks!

What's the deal with the 2-minute lap times ???

Cool video! Thanks!

What's the deal with the 2-minute lap times ???

Let me see. First time on a road course of any kind. Street tires. Not wanting to take the bikes home in more pieces that I took them there in.

I don't know, Really.. Whats your suggestion for the 2 min lap times. :huh2:

Richard Z.

Let me see. First time on a road course of any kind. Street tires. Not wanting to take the bikes home in more pieces that I took them there in.

I don't know, Really.. Whats your suggestion for the 2 min lap times. :huh2:

Richard Z.

That pretty much covers it. Just curious. I've ridden Hallett a bunch. Didn't know if you were taking it easy with the camera on board, or if you were new to the track...

I've had a blast with my Sport 1100 over there...

Watch out. Track days can be addictive !!!

:race:

halletthomeimage.jpg

That pretty much covers it. Just curious. I've ridden Hallett a bunch. Didn't know if you were taking it easy with the camera on board, or if you were new to the track...

I've had a blast with my Sport 1100 over there...

Watch out. Track days can be addictive !!!

:race:

halletthomeimage.jpg

I took the video the second session on each bike. I made huge improvements during the sessions after lunch. However with all the time, I got so tired I started slowing down by the very end of the day.

I followed Matt Crabtree (friend of mine from Wichita) and a regular at the Track, around several laps to find what lines he was using. It pretty much came down to getting the correct reference points and getting over my Target Fixation that I've been problemed with since my accident.

Richard Z.

I took the video the second session on each bike. I made huge improvements during the sessions after lunch. However with all the time, I got so tired I started slowing down by the very end of the day.

I followed Matt Crabtree (friend of mine from Wichita) and a regular at the Track, around several laps to find what lines he was using. It pretty much came down to getting the correct reference points and getting over my Target Fixation that I've been problemed with since my accident.

Richard Z.

Getting over an accident can be challenging.

My chicken strips grew after my accident 3 or 4 years ago.

Fear can help prevent stupidity, but it can also paralyze you, inhibiting your becoming a better rider.

Practicing not fixating on a target is tricky as the best practice comes from rare moments.

Unless you want to be a racer, the best way around the track is not the fastest. Have fun out there and learn what you can.

I'd love to do some track days, and get over my fears that are inhibiting my ability.

I think it will make me safer on the sreet, as long as I don't get over confident.

I'll bet you already feel better off the track after one track day. :grin:

I'd love to do some track days, and get over my fears that are inhibiting my ability.

I think it will make me safer on the sreet, as long as I don't get over confident.

I'll bet you already feel better off the track after one track day. :grin:

What I believe and learned over the years of riding to be of vital importance , is to be smooth. Even with speed accelerating and braking ,getting correct lines and so on.

I think that also can be seen in the videos I did.

:drink:

It pretty much came down to getting the correct reference points and getting over my Target Fixation that I've been problemed with since my accident.

Richard Z.

OUCH !!!

Well spending some time at the track is probably a good way to work that out...

Getting past target fixation is a tough one...

Squelching memories of a bad crash can be tough, too...

OUCH !!!

Well spending some time at the track is probably a good way to work that out...

Getting past target fixation is a tough one...

Squelching memories of a bad crash can be tough, too...

Hank Blackstock used to be the Guzzi dealer in Oklahoma City many years ago. He has a track record at Hallet - in a bus! :lol:

Hank Blackstock used to be the Guzzi dealer in Oklahoma City many years ago. He has a track record at Hallet - in a bus! :lol:

Was he the guy who took the helicopter ride during the Jason Pridmore STAR School "crashfest" back in 1999 ???

It pretty much came down to getting the correct reference points and getting over my Target Fixation that I've been problemed with since my accident.

another Keith Code enthusiast ?

another Keith Code enthusiast ?

I've had Twist 1 for about 10 years and bought Twist 2 a couple of years ago.

Got them out and read them after my accident. Since I had 2 months to kill in the Hospital...

I have more interest in Keith Code besides the books. My 1982 KZ750R1 came from the Superbike school. It was owned by 7 people prior to me and the second owner got the bike from the school. i'm still trying to get all the documentation for it while I'm restoring it.

Richard Z.