Intro / SrChief

SrChief

I live in Austin. I retired from the Navy a ways back. Worked in photography for a few years and for the last 10 years as a golf pro, presently at Pedernales GC. If you are a C&W music fan you understand what a great gig I have. Joining this forum seemed like the right thing to do. I have been checking in to it occasionally and there appear to be some good folks involved. I look forward to a chance at meeting many of you on line or on the road. I currently ride an 02 LeMans and an old HD custom titled as a 47 but your guess is as good as mine what part(s) is from 1947. Someone probably carbon dated oil crusted on the frame. Bikes I've owned past are as follows:

71 Honda sl-350

74 Kawasaki h1 triple

70 Triumph 650 tr6

66 Triumph 650

53 HD panhead

74 Guzzi El Dorado

89 Honda GB500

72 BMW R75

92 Ducati 900ss

96 HD Fatboy

I plan to sell the HD locally (done with'em - buyer pending) and pick up another Guzzi, preferably a Nero or Rossa Corsa with full luggage, very soon I hope! If I can find the Corsa at the right price I will leave it stock as my main ride and play with customizing the the 02 LeMans. Thanks for your hospitality. Best regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff and welcome. Say, you do have a good gig going...and I don't even golf.

I grew up in San Marcos and we went to Pedernales Falls regularly for camping trips. Good to see you here.

Hi Jeff and welcome. Say, you do have a good gig going...and I don't even golf.

I grew up in San Marcos and we went to Pedernales Falls regularly for camping trips. Good to see you here.

jrt - Thanks. So you know the area....a little slice of heaven in the hill country. Good riding most of the time. I spent about a year south of you near the Arkansas border between Ava and Gainesville....nice country as well. Best regards, Jeff.

I plan to sell the HD locally (done with'em - buyer pending) and pick up another Guzzi, preferably a Nero or Rossa Corsa with full luggage, very soon I hope! If I can find the Corsa at the right price I will leave it stock as my main ride and play with customizing the the 02 LeMans. Thanks for your hospitality. Best regards, Jeff.

Welcome to the forum Jeff!

This is your lucky day!

Nero Corsa with full luggage

Ken

"QUOTE"

You are on the right track, both in joining the forum, and your Corsa plan, see post above for what sounds like a nice bike right in line with your terms+/- :huh2: , I LOVE my Nero, and it's such an unbelievable feel of my previous Harleys and BMW's. Welcome aboard! S.H.

Welcome to the forum indeed (says he who made the board 10 times in a row but couldn't make ETC). So... Senior Chief what?

We have a lot in common. Crypto tech/installer. I worked with a lot of ET's, RM's and EW's. As far as the selection boards go.... who knows? A lot of, some of the best I knew, never got their names pulled. I know I did not make it on my own merit. I was fortunate...I was working with great people at all the right times. If you were in communications we may have crossed paths. Best,Jeff.

"QUOTE"

You are on the right track, both in joining the forum, and your Corsa plan, see post above for what sounds like a nice bike right in line with your terms+/- :huh2: , I LOVE my Nero, and it's such an unbelievable feel of my previous Harleys and BMW's. Welcome aboard! S.H.

Thank you for the kind welcome and support. I have been working all two of my brain cells into a knot over a decision between the Nero Corsa or the Paul Smart Duc. I like everything about the Nero Corsa and as sweet looking as the Smart replica is...I occasionally like to travel with more than my wallet, and at 52 I just don't bend that way anymore without a 3 day recovery period of Guiness and chiropractor visits. No chiropractor = more Guiness. Best regards, Jeff.

You live in my 'ol stompin' ground. I had 7 years of schoolin' at UT and lived in Austin for 9.5 years. Been to Perdnales Falls many times, also Enchanted Rock, Blanco, Driftwood, Marble Falls, Luckenbach--now there's a cool place. Plus all the good music on 6th St any night of the week.

There's an FM road around Blanco/Driftwood heading towards Luckenbach, #1888 that I used to run WOT on the '74 Eldo California in 4th gear. None of the curves are marked, and it was a blast. Then, longnecks under the live oaks at Luckenbach & pitchin' washers, tellin' lies, lookin' at all the bikes on a Sunday afternoon. Fond memories!

I still know a few folks in Austin. The Harvest Classic Vintage & European Rally in October is a good one. Russell Duke et al put it on.

www.harvestclassic.org

Welcome!

Thanks Kevin...and...HOOK'EM! Busy weekend in this neck of the woods. I will probably NOT wear my Fighting Irish ball cap to work at the course this weekend. Not a big football fan...just love to wind them up at the course... but I do pull for the horns. Best regards, Jeff.

Thanks Ken. That was kind of you. I will look into it further. I am hoping to speak with the owner this weekend. Its nice that he is a forum member. Best regards, Jeff.

Yes it is..........rocker59 has has contributed to our entertainment with many fine ride reports. Check out this one and picture yourself savoring grand vistas and slicing through vast landscapes aboard this fine machine. It would be a wonderful thing if a new dance partner could be found on this very forum!

Ken