I need shorter legs!

ALdad

I am going on my first tour next month on my 2000 sport.. So Cal up to Oregon. 200-300 mi. days. Last wknd I did 200mi to see what to expect. My Rich Mound seat was a much needed improvement over stock. I also have lower foot pegs, Vario. pegs-eurotech. http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com. The parabellum scout fairing http://www.parabellum.com/ is also very nice.. I would still like an alternate foot position, legs more extended. For long freeway rides. Has anybody figured a simple way to attach a fwy peg of some kind and where? I wouldn’t want a cruiser on the twisties but they sure look comfy going down the road after 100 mi. in a strait line. Anybody have a solution other than surgery to shorten my legs. Cheer!! Alan

I am going on my first tour next month on my 2000 sport.. So Cal up to Oregon. 200-300 mi. days. Last wknd I did 200mi to see what to expect. My Rich Mound seat was a much needed improvement over stock. I also have lower foot pegs, Vario. pegs-eurotech. http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com. The parabellum scout fairing http://www.parabellum.com/ is also very nice.. I would still like an alternate foot position, legs more extended. For long freeway rides. Has anybody figured a simple way to attach a fwy peg of some kind and where? I wouldn’t want a cruiser on the twisties but they sure look comfy going down the road after 100 mi. in a strait line. Anybody have a solution other than surgery to shorten my legs. Cheer!! Alan

My Nero Corsa is so comfortable going down the highway at speed that I can't imagine wanting/needing relocated pegs, or highway pegs.

300 mile days are only two tanks of gas !!! One tank before lunch, one after. That's a pretty easy day in the saddle.

You'll find that highway pegs will change your posture and put lots of pressure on your tailbone and lower back. Personally, the Guzzi seating position is better for my bad back than the "feet forward" cruiser position.

YMMV... :drink:

I'm not sure the "forward foot position" kit will fit your bike. It will if you have the "pork chop" peg brackets. You can check it out on the thread by that name. It moves the pegs and controls forward by just under 6 inches and down to the level of the Centauro pegs. I originally designed and made these up for my own comfort. Recently, I spent all day Saturday and Sunday riding with no problem with knees, hands, or hips, and I'm not in the best shape. Solid positive reports from all users to date. Available from Ned's Auto / Cycle and MPH or direct from me.

With any questions, send me a personal message. :sun:

Guest ratchethack

post-1212-1189822047_thumb.jpg

and you ppl think MY bike is ugly? good god I wouldn't want to be seen standing near that monstrosity :vomit:

Lest anyone take this too seriously, there's an inside story here. Seems an old friend of Mark's had his Guzzi in for service and made the mistake of neglecting to pick it up for a week. Well, the boys evidently had some extra time on their hands, and wot with a prodigious pile o' junk parts scavenged/salvaged from "you name it" over the years just begging to be unloaded as "payment for storage", the boys decided to play a little joke on their Pal. . . The rest is history. They've been getting lots o' mileage out o' the prank for years. . . :lol:

Guest ratchethack

thanks for the back story on the pic. I've been seeing it flout around for awhile now. Was kinda wondering about it. :lol:

ciao

Z

BTW -- for those who might not recognize it, that's an actual OEM Guzzi seat. Really sets it off, don't it?? :moon: There must be hundreds of 'em lying around with little to no miles on 'em. . . <_< Wot were the designers smoking?! :rasta: D'you reckon they don't have skunks at the foot o' the Mighty Dolomites in the woods around Mandello del Lario?? :huh2::grin:

BTW -- for those who might not recognize it, that's an actual OEM Guzzi seat. Really sets it off, don't it?? :moon: There must be hundreds of 'em lying around with little to no miles on 'em. . . <_ wot were the designers smoking src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rasta.gif" alt=":rasta:"> D'you reckon they don't have skunks at the foot o' the Mighty Dolomites in the woods around Mandello del Lario?? :huh2::grin:

Apparently not, 'cause they went w/ a repeat of it for the new CA Vintage, only w/ the whoop-de-do in the middle of the seat... :grin:

Guest rosso mandello

Strange, as we see it different.

I feel like af fish i water, riding my RM, did 4.500 km in 6 days, 1800 kms on the longest day.

I once read in a test, that the only one that would enjoy the comfort on a V11 must bee a monkey, with short legs and long arms. So i usualy keep quit, that I feel so good riding it.

ciao Mogens.

I sure would like one of those Parabellum sport shields like the one on the Bonneville. A good 20" would be great in the cold weather or for a long ride. Has anyone tried to fit one of those on their bike yet?

Yes, I have mounted the parabellum on my V11 with the 18''.. I have standard bars and the fairing is mounted to the mirror-master cylinder and the head light. I will post pic when I paint it. It works well.Cheer!! Alan

My Nero Corsa is so comfortable going down the highway at speed that I can't imagine wanting/needing relocated pegs, or highway pegs.

300 mile days are only two tanks of gas !!! One tank before lunch, one after. That's a pretty easy day in the saddle.

You'll find that highway pegs will change your posture and put lots of pressure on your tailbone and lower back. Personally, the Guzzi seating position is better for my bad back than the "feet forward" cruiser position.

YMMV... :drink:

DITTO !!!... :stupid: .... :D

I'm also of the opinion that the V11 is great as a long distance machine,...WAY more comfy than my old BMW R100S. The foot pegs in their semi rear set position ease the angle between my back and legs, which is where l find l get cramped. Check out to see how ORSON has his Tenni set up, he travels big distances.

:bier:

Cheers

Van