New Member from Oregon

lavrgs

Moto Guzzis have been one of those bikes that have been on my list for a long time. I'm a long time Italain bike owner with Laverda being the main line, I've had many and still have 3. But a ride on a V11 Sport got me to looking for a V11 Lemans. I wanted a bit of protection and like the look of the Lemans. As it turns out one came up last week and was being sold by someone a 5 minute walk from where i live. I must admit that the reason for having a "modern bike" is mainly so I don't have to work on it. But it seems that the Guzzi is really well suited for someone willing to do their own work so maybe there can be a better balance that there has been with the Laverdas. I have a lot of "newbie" questions and have been reading the posts on this forum with great interest. Some of my concerns have been answered and some new ones raised...Oh you're probably wondering what year and stuff like that...it's a 2002, red but I think it has been modified and accesorized as all the bodywork is red and the valve covers are red. Stock exhaust, but apparently some larger intakes were added...I'll have to see where they go as the stock ones were included...I'm guessing they're intakes for the airbox...I've only ridden about 100 miles but that is just the start.

My first question; I thought the three screws on the dash peice, holding the "IDIOT" lights would loosen and allow access to the bulbs but they turn with no result- are they stripped or am I missing something? :luigi:

Moto Guzzis have been one of those bikes that have been on my list for a long time. I'm a long time Italain bike owner with Laverda being the main line, I've had many and still have 3. But a ride on a V11 Sport got me to looking for a V11 Lemans. I wanted a bit of protection and like the look of the Lemans. As it turns out one came up last week and was being sold by someone a 5 minute walk from where i live. I must admit that the reason for having a "modern bike" is mainly so I don't have to work on it. But it seems that the Guzzi is really well suited for someone willing to do their own work so maybe there can be a better balance that there has been with the Laverdas. I have a lot of "newbie" questions and have been reading the posts on this forum with great interest. Some of my concerns have been answered and some new ones raised...Oh you're probably wondering what year and stuff like that...it's a 2002, red but I think it has been modified and accesorized as all the bodywork is red and the valve covers are red. Stock exhaust, but apparently some larger intakes were added...I'll have to see where they go as the stock ones were included...I'm guessing they're intakes for the airbox...I've only ridden about 100 miles but that is just the start.

My first question; I thought the three screws on the dash peice, holding the "IDIOT" lights would loosen and allow access to the bulbs but they turn with no result- are they stripped or am I missing something? :luigi:

Welcome to the site, you'll want to shower Jaap in some coins when you realize how much time you spend here, both entertaining your self, and solving the next inconvience. My Nero was my first new bike too, for the same reasons, but you know what "sorting out a bike is" judging by your resume. I've had issues, but your's is a little older, and a little different. This forum is DEFINATELY worth the 1$ admission, do FAQ's, HOW TO's, TECH, and 24/7. Answers, A- holes and Laughs abound, good luck, S.H.