New tank bag

Gio

I'm looking at replacement options for the MG tank bag (map compartment window plastic has cracked in numerous places) ...

Anyone have any experience with the Roadgear Three-point Jumbo Sport model (#SL767) ..?

I have used Roadgear bags in the past and quality was excellent.

(Apologies to non north American members - Roadgear is out of Colorado)

Gio

Hi.

I have a Roadgear tank bag. Don't remember right now if it's SL761 or SL767.

I also have one of their tail bags, the Hemi winter jacket, as well as mesh and winter gloves. All quality stuff.

The only "problem" I have with the tank bag is that the two forward straps don't seem to be far enough apart, attached so they run too straight ahead and not angled to the side. It is secure and all, but there is the slightest wobble side to side, probably because I have it crammed full of things I just know I'm going to need one day. It may also be because of the slightly raised tank pad on the LeMans. I like it and it will last a long time.

I'm pleased with Roadgear, both the merchandise and top-notch customer service. :)

Guest NotRight

If you're interested I have a 21 liter Tourmaster magnetic mount tank bag I'd sell you.

Its unused. For some reason I didn't take it with me on that tour I bought it for.

Hi.

I have a Roadgear tank bag. Don't remember right now if it's SL761 or SL767.

I also have one of their tail bags, the Hemi winter jacket, as well as mesh and winter gloves. All quality stuff.

The only "problem" I have with the tank bag is that the two forward straps don't seem to be far enough apart, attached so they run too straight ahead and not angled to the side. It is secure and all, but there is the slightest wobble side to side, probably because I have it crammed full of things I just know I'm going to need one day. It may also be because of the slightly raised tank pad on the LeMans. I like it and it will last a long time.

I'm pleased with Roadgear, both the merchandise and top-notch customer service. :)

Thanks. With regard to the raised tank pad problem - I cut some foam to fit either side of the tank pad and then fit this in the base of the current (MG) bag - takes away much of that wobble.

Gio

If you're interested I have a 21 liter Tourmaster magnetic mount tank bag I'd sell you.

Its unused. For some reason I didn't take it with me on that tour I bought it for.

Thanks - but no thanks (our tanks are plastic) ...

Gio