Hello.......I'm back

Guest Gavin

Hi everybody, I'm from Bedfordshire in the UK and this is my second Guzzi and second time registered to this forum (that so sounds like an addiction meeting intro - maybe it is!!).

My first experience was a real love/hate affair back in 2000 with a 1998 silver V11 sport that had nearly every fault found on this forum on it, including the weak con rod bolts that resulted in a destroyed motor. Back then this forum was a fantastic source of info and interests - and happily I can see that things have not only continued but grown and improved.

Anyway fast forward 6 years and the mental scares have healed and I'm now the proud owner of the Rosso Mandella below, and loving every moment so far.

The airship hangers in the background are at the bottom of my road and is where R101 was built and based,

for a short history check out:

R101 disaster

post-5823-1191690277_thumb.jpg

post-5823-1191690335_thumb.jpg

post-5823-1191690373_thumb.jpg

I have found my Rosso Mandello to be very reliable without any work at all. The thing has 23k miles on it & really hasnt given me any static other than what I may have broken or improperly adjusted. Get the suspension set up right for your riding style & just enjoy it for years.

Hi there Gavin,

I love airships and the idea of modern ones, a timely post as Friday was the 77th anniversary of the R101 disaster - I'd spotted that as most days have a quick look at the on this day in history pages

I'm not too far away from you in Stevenage, I was about to recommend the Herts & Beds Guzzi owners club branch meet, but I can see from Hazels report that you were there last week. Unfortunately I was as working night shift as I will be doing next month but should be there for December and also the Christmas diner (hopeful has been confirmed as the 8th)

see you about, Martin