Buell turn sigals - clutch lever -which ones?

JackBoots

I've been searching the forum but I'm finally giving up.

I have an 02 Lemans and like a bonehead just dropped her in the dark I thought I put the kickstand down but it must have snapped back on me! Arrrghhh!!

I broke the lens of my front turn signal. I keep reading here about Buell signals but I can't seem to be able to find out which model Buell or which part number.

Can anyone tell me how to ID the lens that I need from Buell?? I'd like to go to the local HD dealership and pick one up but I don't know which lens to ask for.

Also, I broke my clutch lever. What is the quickest path in the US to get a new lever? I'm sure none of the dealers around here stock them.

Is this thus Ducati lever same lever? See link below. Would I want small or large pivot?

http://www.motostrano.com/ducadclutbra.html

Thanks! very much! -Jack

The clutch lever is the same as the aftermarket adjustable lever supplied by Ducati for the Monster. Much, much cheaper than MG parts too.

Don't know which Buell you'd want, but I replaced my front indicators after a crash with Triumph Tiger parts. The indicators fitted to the Tiger are identical apart from being about quarter of an inch longer, and having female connectors instead of male. Having a rather good Triumph dealer down the road from me I just popped in and after five minutes cutting and soldering had a new set of indicators for a fraction of the cost of MG parts. The lenses are identical btw, and you'd want one for a 1999-2006 Tiger.

If you just need the lens, it's also available from Guzzi. I can get the part number when I go back to work tomorrow. As for the lever, the aftermarket ones work OK (sometimes the inner piece needs some filing to make it fit right). They do not match any of the three different colors used on the various V11 levers. The aftermarket ones are a dark gray to dark silver, depending on batch. The adjusters are sometimes silver and sometimes gold.

The shop I work at (Moto Intl.) sells the aftermarket levers for on the order of $20 and the real Brembo ones for on the order of $70 (versus the $120 Guzzi gets for them).

Another good option is to upgrade to CRG or Pazzo levers.

You want the large-pivot levers.

Thank you ALL for the info!!! A member came through with some used ones for me so I should be good to go soon.

I did just notice that my left handlebar is a little bent. That will be the next task at hand.

Thanks again!!

Thank you ALL for the info!!! A member came through with some used ones for me so I should be good to go soon.

I did just notice that my left handlebar is a little bent. That will be the next task at hand.

Thanks again!!

My right one is a little bent, so we could swap to make matching pairs!

It would be good if someone could post a reference number (or numbers) as a starting point for finding the Pazzo levers. I asked a local supplier/stockist but he couldn't find Guzzi numbers in the catalogue or by phone call to suppliers.

Obviously they should, in theory, be available because we saw them in the previous Pazzo (America) thread.

and meantime, my glued and screwed front brake lever repair has stood the test of time

oh yeah, D.L.

My right one is a little bent, so we could swap to make matching pairs!

It would be good if someone could post a reference number (or numbers) as a starting point for finding the Pazzo levers. I asked a local supplier/stockist but he couldn't find Guzzi numbers in the catalogue or by phone call to suppliers.

Obviously they should, in theory, be available because we saw them in the previous Pazzo (America) thread.

and meantime, my glued and screwed front brake lever repair has stood the test of time

oh yeah, D.L.

It would be good if someone could post a reference number (or numbers) as a starting point for finding the Pazzo levers.

oh yeah, D.L.

I am sell Pazzo levers and would be happy to sell you a set. I also have them on my own Ballabio. Just checkout my website and you will see them under Hand Controls -->Pazzo --> Moto Guzzi.

Hi FalcoLion and thanks, I appreciate the offer. I would have ordered last time when there was the introductory offer

I've been searching the forum but I'm finally giving up.

I keep reading here about Buell signals but I can't seem to be able to find out which model Buell or which part number.

Can anyone tell me how to ID the lens that I need from Buell?? I'd like to go to the local HD dealership and pick one up but I don't know which lens to ask for.

I installed the Buell directionals, but unfortunately didn't keep the receipt. The way I did it was to simply go to a Harley/Buell dealer, look at a Buell that had the same directionals and gave that model to the guy behind the counter. At the dealer I went to, all the Buell models had the same directionals, so it didn't matter. Buells have a flexible section by design, so they are less likely to break. The mounting hole had to be drilled out slightly, but it was easy going through the plastic. The connection leads and connectors they came with worked fine as they came.

I installed the Buell directionals, but unfortunately didn't keep the receipt. The way I did it was to simply go to a Harley/Buell dealer, look at a Buell that had the same directionals and gave that model to the guy behind the counter. At the dealer I went to, all the Buell models had the same directionals, so it didn't matter. Buells have a flexible section by design, so they are less likely to break. The mounting hole had to be drilled out slightly, but it was easy going through the plastic. The connection leads and connectors they came with worked fine as they came.

I have the smoke/grey outer lens part number it is Y0039.K You will also need an inner orange lens which does fit into the standard Guzzi shell, but I am afraid I do not have that part number as I threw that box away. I will go back through my file of receipts and see if I can find the number for the inner tonight. Hope this at least gets you started at the Hoggly dealer.

I've been searching the forum but I'm finally giving up. I have an 02 Lemans and like a bonehead just dropped her in the dark I thought I put the kickstand down but it must have snapped back on me! Arrrghhh!! I broke the lens of my front turn signal. Also, I broke my clutch lever. What is the quickest path in the US to get a new lever?

http://www.guzzitech.com/

Getting the message? ;)

Here go; http://www.guzzitech.com/turnsig-brim.html -- cost was closer to $15 last I bought them. If you find an online source, please post it here.

Clutch lever; http://www.guzzitech.com/store/Brembo-Store.html - I can get nearly anything to you that is in stock at Brembo N.A. within a few days. Ping me direct e-mail for quickest reply; Todd>at

• 2 weeks later...

bought the Ducati brake lever for a Monster for my 2001 Greenie. It was a perfect fit, also regarding color. And very cheap as well. (about 30 euro for a complete adjustable lever)

Also bought Monster footpegs and mirrors after my off this spring. Loads of other Ducati stuff goes as well, fex fasteners and such. And the prices aint half bad. And parts are actually in stock, which comes a huge surprise for Guzzisti.

• 3 months later...
I have the smoke/grey outer lens part number it is Y0039.K You will also need an inner orange lens which does fit into the standard Guzzi shell, but I am afraid I do not have that part number as I threw that box away. I will go back through my file of receipts and see if I can find the number for the inner tonight. Hope this at least gets you started at the Hoggly dealer.

The Triumph Tiger Indicator assembly is £26.34+Vat :o

A Buell parts supplier in the UK emailed the following...

your part number y0039.k is correct for the outer lense only, it retails at

£2.88.

the part number y0503.02a8 is correct for the whole indicator assembly, this

retails at £15.54.

the inner amber coloured lense is not available separately.

Can someone in the US find the P/N for the amber insert ?