Ram aftermarket single plate clutch and flywheel kit

stogieBill

Listers,

I may have waited too long to make the jump, but am looking for the Ram replacement single plate clutch and flywheel for my '02 Scura.

I have tried the major MG sources and can't find any available. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

TIA :mg:

If Greg's not got one - dunno if Europe's an option for you, but I got mine from Agostinis in Mandello - English spoken (Peter in parts is an Aussie) - 00390341735448. You could also try TLM in Holland & Corsa Italiana in London.

KB

OK, so far two options:

1) We could cut down the steel single-plate Cali clutch to be as light as a RAM and fit it with a good plate. This is what I would do because I do not totally trust aluminum to do the job on a flywheel.

2) The stock Rosso Mandello clutch assembly (a RAM, I think) is available from Guzzi. Costs $800, but they have it in stock in the US.

I'm working on another angle, too . . .

OK, so far two options:

1) We could cut down the steel single-plate Cali clutch to be as light as a RAM and fit it with a good plate. This is what I would do because I do not totally trust aluminum to do the job on a flywheel.

2) The stock Rosso Mandello clutch assembly (a RAM, I think) is available from Guzzi. Costs $800, but they have it in stock in the US.

Just for curiosity's sake ['cause I'm utterly penniless so the whole argument's academic for me, at least! :lol: ]

what would the projected cost be for plan Alpha above? Seems like there might be a market for all those surplus warranteed single plate Cali clutches... ;)

OK, so far two options:

Having a Rosso Mandello I can say that my clutch works very well & is easy on the hand too. For $800 I'd say thats not bad considering I havent heard of a single one breaking yet.

OK, so far two options:

Option one is the A choice in my opinion. I did this, and it was lighter than the RAM clutch, and AWESOME!!!

The only downside, is, you lose the cool rattling of the stock Scura clutch.

J-M

Kevin brings up a good point: The action of the single-platers is lighter. I have one in my Eldo and today I got to ride it for the first time since early summer (it was laid up for work that included camming it up with a Megacycle X10 cam). I really like that clutch.

Stogiebill:

I've found one RAM for the Sports that I can get you. If interested, please PM me.

Everybody else: I can provide the cut down, balanced and refurbed steel flywheels with fiber friction plates for about $550, which includes everything needed to bolt them up, from the trans input hub atthe back to the flywheel bolts at the front. It's more expensive than I thought it would be, but if any of you are interested, let me know.