Muffler mounting problem

Ryland3210

Guest NotRight
Bottom line is that new Staintunes probably fit fine out of the box. Can't say I like the mirror finish, but I'm sure that will go away with time. Now I'm in the market for a airbox cover elimination ring, and it's off to Dynajet.

Hmm...thanks for this post. Might shed some light on my difficulties fitting a stucchi crossover to my second hand staintunes. I still have a minor exhaust leak.

BTW....Staintunes in my opinion, which is no longer humble on these matters, are rare jewels of craftmanship. They are very nicely built - and by people in Australia. So now I think about my time there every time I look at them. Hopefully they won't be outsorced to compete with crap from asia pricewise.

Hmm...thanks for this post. Might shed some light on my difficulties fitting a stucchi crossover to my second hand staintunes. I still have a minor exhaust leak.

BTW....Staintunes in my opinion, which is no longer humble on these matters, are rare jewels of craftmanship. They are very nicely built - and by people in Australia. So now I think about my time there every time I look at them. Hopefully they won't be outsorced to compete with crap from asia pricewise.

They may have no choice if they want to keep selling here. They have been quoting a list price of $999, but the US dollar is sliding against the Australian. At least they are close enough to Taiwan and China to travel there without too much trouble and attempt to maintain quality control.

I'm with sir ratchet on the noise. Perhaps you should consider Phil A.'s airbox mods instead? Works great, and I can't hear the noise. You do get a nice "moaning" sound when the throttle bodies are at full throat, and I love that sound.

I would take that advice, Greg, but I want to keep the original of every part I replace in pristine condition, in case I ever decide to sell this great bike. Know where I can get replacement airbox cover on the cheap, preferably used, even slightly damaged?

I would take that advice, Greg, but I want to keep the original of every part I replace in pristine condition, in case I ever decide to sell this great bike. Know where I can get replacement airbox cover on the cheap, preferably used, even slightly damaged?

If you do cut the airbox cover it's easy to plug the holes if you decide you don't like the mod. Just attach a piece of flat stock over the holes that you add.