Thread Size, Oil Pressure Switch

aerodyne

Hi Guys, need a little help with thread size on the oil pressure switch. I would like to fit an oil pressure gauge to my 06 V11 LeMans just to monitor the pressure you understand. Rather than take out the switch and render the bike unusable for the duration, I was hoping that somebody out there would be able to tell me the size and spec of the thread, this to enable me to purchase said adaptor along with gauge etc. and fit it in one hit.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi Guys, need a little help with thread size on the oil pressure switch. I would like to fit an oil pressure gauge to my 06 V11 LeMans just to monitor the pressure you understand. Rather than take out the switch and render the bike unusable for the duration, I was hoping that somebody out there would be able to tell me the size and spec of the thread, this to enable me to purchase said adaptor along with gauge etc. and fit it in one hit.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I can supply you a kit which is simple to install and leaves the pressure switch intact. Check the "pressure gauge adapted" thread for pictures of the setup on my bike. The kit includes gauge, adapters, fittings, mounting manifold, screws, etc. Send me a personal message if you are interested in details.

Hi, Thanks for that, I have seen your kit and in my opinion it is very nice. However I am able to make up my own kit on the understanding I would like to remove the oil light switch, fit an adaptor, refit the oil light switch, then fit an electrical gauge sender to the adaptor. All I would like to know is the size of the oil light switch thread, this to save me removing it for investigation.

Hi, Thanks for that, I have seen your kit and in my opinion it is very nice. However I am able to make up my own kit on the understanding I would like to remove the oil light switch, fit an adaptor, refit the oil light switch, then fit an electrical gauge sender to the adaptor. All I would like to know is the size of the oil light switch thread, this to save me removing it for investigation.

I don't know the thread size, but Greg Field should be able to help. He has made the adapters.