Guzzi Rear Bag on Guzzi Rear Rack :)

tmcafe

Hi all,

Sorry to ask such a trivial question, but do any of you have both the Guzzi rear rack AND the rear bag? If you do, how do you attach the bag to the rack? I've tried several options, one of which would involve using the velcroed pouch on the back of the bag like a glove in which I insert the rounded rear tip of the rack--it fits the shape as if it was designed for it, and holds the bag snugly. Then use the short straps in the front in the rear buckles, and the long rear straps in the front buckles. Other variants would only use the rack and straps, no bag pouch involved.

The bag is expandable and looks good, and--my favorite thing: it has a fairly wide shoulder strap. Oh, and by the way, nice rack :D

Hi all,

Sorry to ask such a trivial question, but do any of you have both the Guzzi rear rack AND the rear bag? If you do, how do you attach the bag to the rack? I've tried several options, one of which would involve using the velcroed pouch on the back of the bag like a glove in which I insert the rounded rear tip of the rack--it fits the shape as if it was designed for it, and holds the bag snugly. Then use the short straps in the front in the rear buckles, and the long rear straps in the front buckles. Other variants would only use the rack and straps, no bag pouch involved.

The bag is expandable and looks good, and--my favorite thing: it has a fairly wide shoulder strap. Oh, and by the way, nice rack :D

You're on the right track. Just use the velcro straps as best you can.

The rack fits into the sleeve on the bottom of the bag, then just wrap the straps around the exposed crossbars underneath. You can wrap/tuck the loose ends of the straps there also. I think the mounting instructions say to put the rack into the sleeve.
Thanks Kevin. My best guess was also that the pouch/sleeve had to wrap around the end of the rack. Later I did find a copy of the instructions in the package, including the Italian version, which is much more detailed, torques and everythingi :luigi: . I'm still not sure how to attach the straps (they say that the "superior", i.e. upper ones should attach to the top of the rack, which I assume to be the half circle that goes around the rear of the bike, and the "inferior" ones to the two 18 mm tubes. In any case, the wrap-around pouch solves much of the fitting problem. Now all I'm waiting for is the screws with which to attach the rack (for some reason they are missing from the package).

Yes, you've got it now! Good to go, without a word to say. :D It's a nice rack/setup. I keep mine on the Tenni at all times, and I've used the rack alone for a sleeping bag & pad. When I tour I use the rear bag & tank bag like so:

OurayMotoTrip-Jun07039.jpg

Right, allright...

Sweet looking Tenni :) !