Help on rare Scura part

Migami

I laid my Scura down and broke 5 fins off of the right cylinder head among a few other parts. The right head is different on the Scura because of the port & sensor attached on the inside. My mechanic & the dealers he uses don't stock it and are having a hard time finding one here in Florida. Have any of you Scura owners here ever replaced this head & do you know what the sensor is for? Better yet can you just put a regular V-11 head in its place and bypass the sensor? I assume since only 60 Scura's made it to the US there was not much of a demand for this part. Can the factory in Mandello sell this head directly to a mechanic in the US and if so how would I contact them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I laid my Scura down and broke 5 fins off of the right cylinder head among a few other parts. The right head is different on the Scura because of the port & sensor attached on the inside. My mechanic & the dealers he uses don't stock it and are having a hard time finding one here in Florida. Have any of you Scura owners here ever replaced this head & do you know what the sensor is for? Better yet can you just put a regular V-11 head in its place and bypass the sensor? I assume since only 60 Scura's made it to the US there was not much of a demand for this part. Can the factory in Mandello sell this head directly to a mechanic in the US and if so how would I contact them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Erm? I think you'll find that all V11's have the ETS in the right hand cylinder head. In fact anythoing from about 2000 onwards does but look for a Sport head rather than a Cali head.

Can I also suggest that when you do the swap you get a.) One of the brass ETS holders, (Your plastic one will almost certainly break if you try to take it out!) and pack it with thermal paste on installation. Oil Barons won't like you but you'll like the improved MPG and the way your bike doesn't soot up it's plugs in cold weather.

Pete

How bad is it? If it's just cosmetic, stick the fins back on with JB Weld until you find another replacement head. Look in the classifieds on this site; I think there was a guy in Kansas parting out a wrecked V11 Rosso Mandello.

Not on here anymore, but Wild Guzzi: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=14414.0

Thanks to everyone who replied. I lost the broken fins up in the mountains around skyline drive in Virginia along with the brake peddle and half of my right foot peg. This gives me some leads to chase down. I was not aware that all of the newer heads were the same. I was just going by what my mechanic was telling me.

I sure appreciate all of the quick replies.

Safe riding,

John

Thanks to everyone who replied. I lost the broken fins up in the mountains around skyline drive in Virginia along with the brake peddle and half of my right foot peg. This gives me some leads to chase down. I was not aware that all of the newer heads were the same. I was just going by what my mechanic was telling me.

I sure appreciate all of the quick replies.

Safe riding,

John

It may well be that your mechanic simply checked the parts list and found that the Scura head had a different part number. The reason for this is probably down to the fact it is painted a different colour or something so don't be too hard on him. The actual dimensions, valve sizes etc. are common to all the V11 sports though.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NotRight
It may well be that your mechanic simply checked the parts list and found that the Scura head had a different part number. The reason for this is probably down to the fact it is painted a different colour or something so don't be too hard on him. The actual dimensions, valve sizes etc. are common to all the V11 sports though.

Pete

And I've had to clarify carefully when on the phone that I speaking of the V11 Sport, as in not the tonti frame Sport of the california variety that has a V11 engine also. I guess those sold a lot more. {Personally I couldn't get past the bulbous tank. The old 850 T3 style or whatever with pinched sides looked fantastic. The bulbous apendage seems too derivative attempt on a harley teardrop tank which doesn't do much for me either.} Might not matter for the cylinderheads but tranny related parts and foot levers can be.