frt fork size

Guest BIGGERJIM

Guest BIGGERJIM

hey yall

i am a little confused

what size is the forks on front of 2001 v11 sport

going to buy springs and could not find a difinative answer.

do yall recommend sonic, hyper pro, progressive, or other

i am 300lbs soaking wet and i need some good ones

41mm or 43mm

thanks in advance

bigger jim

You have 40mm forks Jim. I don't know if the HyperPro progressive spring will be adequate for your weight since most people here who have them and are happy with them are at least 100 lbs lighter than you, so you may need straight-rate springs. I had good luck with Traction Dynamics springs but I'd try Sonic if I was buying today.

Here's a link to their spring rate calculator:

http://www.sonicsprings.com/catalog/calcul...35a46880b121ae7

Once you go with firmer fork springs you'll probably find that you need to go to a stiffer rear shock spring too. FWIW I have 1.05kg/mm up front and a 1.0 rear spring, I think a 1.05 kg/mm rear spring would balance the suspension better.

Guest BIGGERJIM
You have 40mm forks Jim. I don't know if the HyperPro progressive spring will be adequate for your weight since most people here who have them and are happy with them are at least 100 lbs lighter than you, so you may need straight-rate springs. I had good luck with Traction Dynamics springs but I'd try Sonic if I was buying today.

Here's a link to a spring rate calculator:

http://www.sonicsprings.com/catalog/calcul...35a46880b121ae7

Once you go with firmer fork springs you'll probably find that you need to go to a stiffer rear shock spring too. FWIW I have 1.05kg/mm up front and a 1.0 rear spring, I think a 1.05 kg/mm spring would balance the suspension better.

thanks tom

i will look them up :D

Once you go with firmer fork springs you'll probably find that you need to go to a stiffer rear shock spring too. FWIW I have 1.05kg/mm up front and a 1.0 rear spring, I think a 1.05 kg/mm rear spring would balance the suspension better.

Good recommendations.

I think you mean 10.5kg/mm rear.

Just to throw in my nit-picking two cents, if I weighed 300lbs, I might shoot for just a little more, like maybe 1.10kg/mm front and 11kg/mm rear (about 600or 625lb/inch rear).

In any case you will do much better than stock if you increase the spring rate above stock.

Good recommendations.

I think you mean 10.5kg/mm rear.

Just to throw in my nit-picking two cents, if I weighed 300lbs, I might shoot for just a little more, like maybe 1.10kg/mm front and 11kg/mm rear (about 600or 625lb/inch rear).

In any case you will do much better than stock if you increase the spring rate above stock.

You're right on the rear spring Dave, my bad! :thumbsup: