New Handlebar Risers!!!

Guest northend

Guest northend

:bike: Hey Everybody, Just found these in the october Cycle World (Ad section in back).

Looks like the best design so far for our bikes. Fully adjustable and they look good too.

The manufacturer is "CONVERTIBARS" and thier website is www.the-cyclops.com.

Guest northend

They go under the triple clamp,They are still in the R & D stage but the Kit comes with extended steel braided brake lines, 54mm clamps,& handlebars. Plus a self storing allen wrench. Any input you give them in regards to installation problems,They will give 10% off on extended cables etc.They are running a special on the kit 299.00, Reg. 399.00 Check out the installation pictures on thier web site :luigi:

• 1 month later...

I just ordered the kit.

Thanks for word on the product!

I don't think the brake lines come with this kit.

But I guess they will fabricate the cables to your specifications, and give you 10% off for being a guinea pig.

I was going to go the traditional handlbar route, but did not want to get locked into one positon.

These will give me flexibility.

I have a Corbin seat, which puts me way back so, I just hope the bars are not too far forward.

My other concern is vibration.

The V11Sport bars carry more vibration than the Le Mans bars because of the tuning fork like extension. I hope that this is not the case with these bars which will extend even more.

A blurb on their website suggests you get less vibration with more extension....we shall see.

Guest northend

Your right I believe on the brake lines not coming with the kit. I went back to the website to check and also checked other models and appears none of the kits come with them <_< . They look quality though and worth the money :thumbsup: .Longer brake lines shouldn't be a problem to find. I don't think you'll have any problem with adjustment, there the most adjustable set I've found and I believe I have stumbled on to most of them. I'd like to hear your take on them and how they work out for you :bike:

Best of luck..........Jeff :mg:

Man, those things look like a lawsuit waiting to happen. First idiot who forgets to tighten up the clamp and kisses a dumptruck will call his lawyer. I should buy a set while they're still in business :P

dlaing, please let us know how they work out. I'd even consider removing my handlebars and fitting something like this.

As far as brake/clutch lines go- MGCycle sells kits, so you can buy as long a hose as you need. Spiegler braking sells pre-fabbed kits and just tubing, so you could have a custom set made pretty easily.

cheers,

Jason

How do the Spiegler and MGCycle kits work?

Do you tell them the dimensions and fitting types or do you cut and crimp your own?

Would they understand a request like simply 3.25 inches longer than stock or do they need exact measurements?

Do both offer double line front brake lines as opposed to a Y or T split line?

If you could actually take off with a bar loose (which I dought) you shouldn't be on a motorcycle, Let alone a Guzzi :blink:

I had a friend who could never get his Norton's clip ons tight enough.

He would get it tight, take off, and then a few hours later he would have to reallign and tighten back up.

These bars put alot of torque on where they clamp.

My fear is that I'll hit a pot hole and end up with one of the bars shifting.

I'll be sure to give these bars a full military press :angry: which for my muscle strength is about 30 lbs. :lol:

But seriously I will be cautious with these.

This product http://www.cliponrisers.com/ uses "Screw Grab Friction Drops" to ensure that the bars do not move.

If I start experience shifting, I will give the drops a try.

Apparently Sears sells a similar product called "Craftsman Grip Doctor"

Has anyone tried the SUNrisers?

They look like a great idea, too.

My other top choices were the Two Brothers Racing bars and the Guzzi Swan Neck bars.

Could you take off with the bars loose? Hell yeah- I've seen people dumb enough to do that. Or at least try.

I machined a set of 'risers' very similar to the Sunrisers - each side comprised a block of aluminum and a short rod (not near as nice looking as the Sunrisers). I thought it would fit in the stock risers, and then it could be adjusted to any pull back. Then I decided that I would rather have handlebars, so I sent the risers to a fellow in WA. He said it wouldn't fit on his Lemans- it hit the fairing and the block of Al that I used interfered with the brake master cylinder. The latter could be fixed, the former not.

I bet it would be trivial to tap out a set screw in the convertibars. But I have a feeling that it's not necessary- there's probably enough surface area that it all holds tight if properly assembled.

I don't know about Speigler- my guess is you go to a dealer, describe what you want and they'll manufacture it on the spot if they have the parts.

MGCycle- I bet you could call up Rick or Cheesehead, tell him what you're doing and what you need and they'll take care of it- or they'll send you the pieces to do it. Those fellows are very good with Guzzi's and you know they're familiar with the Sport and Lemans.

cheers,

Jason