looking for a shield

Guest Arie

About two years ago, someone on this forum was selling a plastic "skirt" that mounted on the frame below the hugger. I picked one up for my first v11 but that was totaled now I'd like to find one for my new v11. The piece was a triangle that was molded with channels on the edges to fit perfectly around the frame. Does anyone remeber this, and know where I can get another? TIA

About two years ago, someone on this forum was selling a plastic "skirt" that mounted on the frame below the hugger.

A SKIRT, V11s dont wear skirts :o , I think i know the thing you mean, i got one from forum member "edge ", think he called them a inner mud guard, it keeps the shock clean. Try a search. :bier:

Gary

Arie, and anyone else looking for the shield so you can get rid of the hugger. I made these two bits from a plastic trash can. Was actually quite simple, just took a little time. I'd be happy to take them off, trace the template and post it for anyone that wants it.

One note, on the second picture or top part of the shield. You can see that I bent the plastic in to match the lines of the frame and then bent the top part up to strap to the bar above the battery box sticks down behind it. To make these bends, it really helps to have a heat gun (the super hair blow dryer type).

mud_shield.JPG

mud_shield1.JPG