Marvic Piuma Wheels for guzzi

zebulon

Guest drknow
Thanks guys, looks like I'm missing some parts. I'll call Fred again.

Edit: Fred had told me last week that he wanted to photograph the wheels before shipping. On my last call to him I suggested that he may have misplaced the box during the photo shoot. He dismissed that theory.

Did Fred find the parts, are they coming from Italy? We wanna know!!

dk

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Fred find the parts, are they coming from Italy? We wanna know!!

dk

Fred told me to "hang tight" yesterday while he waited for a reply from Italy. I don't think he looked around to see if it got set aside when he unpacked them. I'll call him on Monday to remind him I have these wheels that are currently only good for looking at. Being in business myself, I know that things don't always go smoothly so I'm giving him some time to sort this out. I do feel though with a sale of this size he should follow up soon. Very soon.

Guest drknow
Fred told me to "hang tight" yesterday while he waited for a reply from Italy. I don't think he looked around to see if it got set aside when he unpacked them. I'll call him on Monday to remind him I have these wheels that are currently only good for looking at. Being in business myself, I know that things don't always go smoothly so I'm giving him some time to sort this out. I do feel though with a sale of this size he should follow up soon. Very soon.

He's good people. It's mostly a one man show, so he does get a little backed up sometimes, but has always bent over backwards to help me. Dealing with the Italians is usually the biggest hold up :rolleyes:

dk

well on the marvic webiste I can read:

"The price of the rear wheel includes the Cush Drive"

http://www.marvic.it/prezzi_piuma_eng.php

And I think someone did ask spesific before, and got the answer that the needed mgs01 part is included. Do a search in the forum

Yes, it should have been in the box. Evidently dk got one with his. So far it is uncertain if they forgot to include it from the factory or it was misplaced by the importer.

edit: to add insult to injury my new tires just showed up.

Guest drknow
Yes, it should have been in the box. Evidently dk got one with his. So far it is uncertain if they forgot to include it from the factory or it was misplaced by the importer.

edit: to add insult to injury my new tires just showed up.

Just to be clear, I've never ordered Guzzi Marvics, only Aprilia and Honda versions. I knew of the cush from seeing the MGS-01 wheels and the Marvics in other settings.

I WILL be ordering some for my Daytona, when I have a little cash...

dk

Just to be clear, I've never ordered Guzzi Marvics, only Aprilia and Honda versions. I knew of the cush from seeing the MGS-01 wheels and the Marvics in other settings.

I WILL be ordering some for my Daytona, when I have a little cash...

dk

Sorry dk, I made an assumption from your post #35.

• 2 weeks later...
start with the front wheel, and enjoy the diffrence.

Finally, Fred tells me they're sending a cush drive from Italy so I figured I might as well mount up the front. I mounted and balanced the tire, swapped the rotors and noticed the bearings are different. Larger inside diameter. (when one of my guys comes to me with a problem like this I usually get on him about not matching things up before mounting the tire :homer: ) I'm assuming they are for the Ohlins equipped V11. I thought I read something about the Ohlins having a larger diameter axle. So I pushed out the bearings to swap and not only is the inside diameter different but so is the outside and the width as well. So now I'm shopping for proper bearings and since the new bearing spec is narrower, I'll need to change the spacer too.

Sigh... I thought this was a good idea...

I did weigh the whole assemblies. There is a net savings of near 4lbs. on the front.

You're approach to the bearing problem is all wrong Dan. You don't need new bearings, you need an Ohlins fork! :grin:

Don't think it didn't cross my mind. I'm already way, way past the point of silly if I were to do a cost/benefit analysis though. I think I'll stop the bleeding on this project, at least for awhile.

I did weigh the whole assemblies. There is a net savings of near 4lbs. on the front.

Wow! That's a lot of rotational inertia at speed... That should make the handling a lot lighter!

Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having en route, tho'. I hope that the results prove worth the trouble, in the end! :)

then you need this one:

post-8-1066561851.jpg

but shipping would be to expensive.

Actually I'm pretty well set already. I needed two 47mm OD, 20MM ID, 12mm thick bearings. I found 47, 20, 14. Just need to cut a new center spacer and cut an end spacer 2mm narrower to make up for the thicker bearings. Much less hassle than I thought.