remove rear shock

Fast Willy

From the looks of mine you might be able to worm your way in with a socket and some flexible extensions. Its not the most accessible of things, just altering the preload is a pain in itself!

Guest ratchethack

FW, unless you have a friendly local double-jointed micro-midget tag team at your disposal :unsure: , (and even then, come to think of it) the air box has to come out. I installed a full custom shock. It ain't all that tough to do, if you're patient and don't rush things. :luigi:

I just did mine last August. It was an adventure, I learned alot about my bike, and yes I removed the airbox, and for some reason the rear mudguard.

I hung the rear of the frame from the rafters of my garage ceiling because I was afraid it would all collapse without the shock. I'm sure there is an easier way but in the end it all turned out OK.

How do you get to the front bolt for the rear shock? Do you have to take off the tank and air box? I just have the front forks rebuilt with a traxxion dynamics kit. Just trying to figure out the rear.

:rolleyes: Many thanks.

You have to remove the tank and airbox I'm afraid, but its not too difficult.

Once you have the tank off the airbox is secured by 3 bolts (I think) 2 are onto the rear of the gearbox and 1 is on the top of the "spine" if you release the hose clips on the pipes that go to the throttle bodies you can push them back into the airbox to allow it to move forwards.