redo the clutch

Guest fifi93

:lol:

Hello, I have to redo the clutch of my V11 lemans, also I would wanted to know, to plan my day, how long time is it necessary to change two disks and the walnut of the clutch? It is simple or difficult, :angry: it is my first essay :thumbsup: . thanks

Guest ratchethack
:lol:

Hello, I have to redo the clutch of my V11 lemans, also I would wanted to know, to plan my day, how long time is it necessary to change two disks and the walnut of the clutch? It is simple or difficult, :angry: it is my first essay :thumbsup: . thanks

FWIW, I had my trans out on a Friday, took it in for dealer recall work next day, had it back in same day and was riding on Sunday. I have a well-equipped home shop and wouldn't have been able to do this without. See many posts on "crabbing the frame".

Simple vs. difficult is a subjective thing, with lots o' "it depends" attached. . . I found it very straightforward, and took extra time to clean, lube, and adjust everything carefully as it went back together, but that's just me.

Good luck. :luigi:

FWIW, I had my trans off on a Friday, took it in for dealer recall work next day, had it back in same day and was riding on Sunday. I have a well-equipped home shop and wouldn't have been able to do this without. See many posts on "crabbing the frame".

Simple vs. difficult is a subjective thing, with lots o' "it depends" attached. . . I found it very straightforward, and took extra time to clean, lube, and adjust everything carefully as it went back together, but that's just me.

Good luck. :luigi:

Thanks for the replies, a friend thought he needed twenty hours to go up the clutch, change electronic box (ECU) then make electronic adjustments.For my part plan 20 hours for all of these tasks seems a bit long, but my friend works slowly. In short!Why not And according to my garage ECUs of V11 lemans 2004, are not adjustable ... is this true? :huh2: