removing bar ends to fit bar end mirrors

rideblue1

Mirrors are now fitted. Went around to a local engineers who skimmed down the original bar ends to take the new mirror clamps,charged me £10.00 ( just under 20 dollars ). Just fitted the mirrors this morning and I think visually they are a big improvement over the originals. The real test will be how they perform on the road but I can't see any problems,I just hope I remember the extra width when filtering! Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. :bike:

Congrats. I really love mine. Just to prove it to myself, after riding with the bar ends for several months, I reinstalled the original mirrors and gave them a try. Didn't realize just how much I disliked the look of the original mirrors! After one ride they were back off and the CRG were re-installed. I won't be trying that little experiment again.

Good luck with them. I sure you will be happy with your decision.

One more thing. Yup...the people on this board are great. They are extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help out. In my opinion they have added, in a positive way, to the whole experience of owning a Moto Guzzi.

Regards

Let us know how you like them!

I had the left side bar-end weight turned down to fit one and couldn't get used to it, either.

So I now have a CGR mirror and custom bar-end weight sitting in the bins. Anyone interested in giving it a go, give me a shout.

On upside, I now have big, fat, shiny, stainless steel, Throttlemeister units in place! :D

• 5 months later...
Let us know how you like them!

I had the left side bar-end weight turned down to fit one and couldn't get used to it, either.

So I now have a CGR mirror and custom bar-end weight sitting in the bins. Anyone interested in giving it a go, give me a shout.

On upside, I now have big, fat, shiny, stainless steel, Throttlemeister units in place! :D

Hi Brian,

I just experienced an un-scheduled surge in gravity, as a result of which I am looking for replacement magni fairing (screen only - got lucky on this) and left side indicator / mirror ...

I would be very interested in trying this as an alternative.

Gio

PS - I just sent you a PM.