How sorted are they?

belfastguzzi

Biggest issue for me with the original Griso can was its weight! 'Cos it's got the CatCon in it it weighs as much as a space shuttle!

When your 8V arrives I'd be very grateful if you could measure the OD of the pipe where it enters the muffler and tell me what it is. If, as I suspect, it will be the same as the 1100 I can simply swap my Lavizzari pipe from my 1100 to my 8V when it arrives :D (There is no 'Skinflint' emoticon is there?). With my Lavizzari set up I have removable baffles. I leave them in most of the time because without them in the bike is eardrum-shatteringly loud which gets old VERY quickly. With them in it is remarkably civilized but still makes a pleasant racket for the rider when I've got ear-plugs in, (Which is ALWAYS 'cos I'm a half deaf c@nt!).

Be aware that while you can swap the pipe for pretty much anything on the 4V bikes and they will seemingly run fine, (Albeit with a bit more vibration and only a marginal power gain.) messing with the airbox will cause a lot of detonation grief that is very difficult to tune out. My guess would be that the 8V will be the same or worse but as I say, 'Guess' is the opperative term.

4V bikes come out of the factory with the valves set too loose and the TPS set incorrectly. Probably worth checking both of these things immediately with the 8V. The TPS has to be set electronically using an Axone or equivalent.

Pete

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I saw today of the new guzzi's Stelvio has some nice design touches and good detail, finish is up on previous bikes but still not as good as the major's

Now now Mike! :grin: Until I have a looksee later today I have no idea if there is a serious problem or not. My guess is that there probably isn't, most likely it is simply the seal has let go. My Griso has had 40,000 hard kilometers, its NOT a show pony, it gets thrashed regularly and is also used as the 'Works Ute' most days of the week.

My point precisely. _Not_ because it's Roper's bike but because it is probably one of the highest mileage ones out there. Not mollycoddled freeway miles, either. 8-)

This be .......... :o

....as ugly as a gurning bat. Sorry, I appreciate the mechanical soundness of the new models but I can't gel with the style. I'm just an Edwardian fossil.

Hope you are very happy together.

....as ugly as a gurning bat. Sorry, I appreciate the mechanical soundness of the new models but I can't gel with the style. I'm just an Edwardian fossil.

Mikey man, you gotta get with it, old geezer.

Cats are flyin' through space and all sorts of hep jivey stuff's going down.