V11 engine and gearbox in LM4 frame?

Guest motordude

Guest motordude

Hello all, I have an LM4, and was wondering if a V11 engine and gearbox would fit without any major modifications to the frame?

Thanks,

John

Guest ratchethack
Have a look on www.guzzitech.com - Todd Egan there has a V11 motor in a Tonti frame.

With a 5-speed trans. ;)

Hello all, I have an LM4, and was wondering if a V11 engine and gearbox would fit without any major modifications to the frame?

Thanks,

John

Here's my AHRMA Vintage Superbike Heavyweight racer (almost done). Sport 1100 engine in Lemans3 frame with Lemans/ T3 gearbox.

Not that difficult to do. You'll need to use a Tonti bike timing cover and figure out a breather system. I'll be posting build specs and pix after i race at Willow Springs in 2 weeks.

Also major thanks to Greg Field who pulled parts from a motor of his to get me up and running quicker.

IMG_4134.JPG

Here's my AHRMA Vintage Superbike Heavyweight racer (almost done). Sport 1100 engine in Lemans3 frame with Lemans/ T3 gearbox.

Not that difficult to do. You'll need to use a Tonti bike timing cover and figure out a breather system. I'll be posting build specs and pix after i race at Willow Springs in 2 weeks.

Also major thanks to Greg Field who pulled parts from a motor of his to get me up and running quicker.

Looks fab! Best of luck @ Willow!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest T3-power

I have a V11 gearbox and final drive in my garage i intend to put in a Tonti frame. The frame has to be widthend, and also the swingarm need radical modification. this is not done in a single afternoon. My plan is to build a frame jig, and do a CAD model first.

Dag

Here's my AHRMA Vintage Superbike Heavyweight racer (almost done). .... I'll be posting build specs and pix after i race at Willow Springs in 2 weeks..

Looks like a good bike to ride. Look forward to seeing specs, but meanwhile what is front wheel/brakes/forks?

Good luck at the races! what else in class?

KB :sun:

I have a V11 gearbox and final drive in my garage i intend to put in a Tonti frame. The frame has to be widthend, and also the swingarm need radical modification. this is not done in a single afternoon. My plan is to build a frame jig, and do a CAD model first...

:thumbsup: Please keep us informed! KB :sun: